security and raid0

my boss has some important info on his system and would rather lose it
than have it accessed by anyone else. if someone deletes a raid0
array, is the info GONE entirely? if he sets up the raid0 again is
everything still there (still on the same system), or gone forever?
thanks in advance

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It is likely than setting the Raid0 again with the same parameters
will bring back the data.

Then it depends on the security level he wants. If he really doesn't
want anyone to see the data, he should wipe the disks with security
systems, then destroy physically the disks (the extrem recommendations
are to splitt the disks in pieces smaller than 0.5 mm)

Nick

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:13:09 -0500, OverKlocker <nunya@biznez.net>
wrote:

>my boss has some important info on his system and would rather lose it
>than have it accessed by anyone else. if someone deletes a raid0
>array, is the info GONE entirely? if he sets up the raid0 again is
>everything still there (still on the same system), or gone forever?
>thanks in advance

joeP

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It's all still there.

--
D I Y D a t a R e c o v e r y . N L - Data & Disaster Recovery Tools

http://www.diydatarecovery.nl
http://www.diydatarecovery.com

Please include previous correspondence!

DiskPatch - MBR, Partition, boot sector repair and recovery.
iRecover - FAT, FAT32 and NTFS data recovery.
MBRtool - Freeware MBR backup and restore.
CHK-Mate - automated CHK file analysis & recovery

wrote:

>my boss has some important info on his system and would rather lose it
>than have it accessed by anyone else. if someone deletes a raid0
>array, is the info GONE entirely? if he sets up the raid0 again is
>everything still there (still on the same system), or gone forever?
>thanks in advance

hello, anybody reading me???

OverKlocker wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:13:09 -0500, OverKlocker <nunya@biznez.net>
> wrote:
>
> >my boss has some important info on his system and would rather lose it
> >than have it accessed by anyone else. if someone deletes a raid0
> >array, is the info GONE entirely? if he sets up the raid0 again is
> >everything still there (still on the same system), or gone forever?
> >thanks in advance
>
> hello, anybody reading me???

Hello,

You did receive a couple of replies, already, as Google Groups
<http://groups.google.com> will attest:

Google Groups: View Thread "security and raid0" http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=5c3vh0ds6588e1fdaiav5up1q0ll1ffvrt%404ax.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fsafe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26as_usubject%3DRe%253A%2520security%2520and%2520raid0%26lr%3D%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den

Oh, and please "unwrap" that mighty long link, if necessary. <g>

Good luck!

Cordially,
John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>