Security camera to TV display

wvms

Reputable
May 16, 2014
Most of the security cameras I've seen advertised work with computers or smartphones. I'd rather have the display on my TV. When the driveway monitor chimes, click the remote and see who's there. I don't want to have to wait while the computer boots up, or go get my phone from the bedroom. What kind of camera can I get that works that way? (Wireless would be a bonus.)

skeptikaltruth

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
The problem with using a security camera system without wi-fi is that if you have cameras throughout the house, the wires would need to be strung around your house and into the security box. If you don't mind then you probably want to look for a company that does analog cctv security. The wires would probably be coaxial or rca cables which connect into rca/bci ports in the main box.

A box like this would probably work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4CH-HDD-DVR-standalone-Realtime-Home-Security-for-CCTV-camera-pal-or-ntsc-analog-/170840223052?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item27c6deed4c

Keep in mind, these kinds of boxes can be difficult to learn or control when reviewing saved security footage. However, it works perfectly fine as a security display that you can connect to your tv. Connect it to your TV and when you want to check who's outside, just click the input button to the right channel.