Security Center

I changed the way security center alerts me. I unchecked all the boxes.
Now the option to "change the way Security Center alerts me" under the
Resources section of that window is grayed out. Is there any way to
re-enable any of those alerts?

"tjchamp" <tjchamp@qwest.net> wrote in message
> I changed the way security center alerts me. I unchecked all the boxes.
> Now the option to "change the way Security Center alerts me" under the
> Resources section of that window is grayed out. Is there any way to
> re-enable any of those alerts?

Upon further research, it looks like it is grayed out because the pc is part
of a domain. In which case, those settings are managed by the network
admin.

Not sure why it's grayed out, but a direct registry edit might help:
http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/seccenteralert.htm

Set the values to 0.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP