Security Kernel Check Failure

Uri___Writer

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
I have been suffering from this since I did several hardware upgrades which includes RAM, a new SSD and a GPU. I went from 8 gigs of ram(Four 2 gig ram sticks), to 16 gigs of ram(Two 8 gig ram sticks). I upgraded from a GTX 660, to a GTX 970 and then I added a V300 240 gig SSD to my computer.

Since these upgrades the entire computer was unstable under Windows 7, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and see if maybe running a new OS would fix these problems. It didnt, I then formatted my C drive, reinstalled Windows 10 and no luck. I then began a huge pursuit of troubleshooting. I have run SFC Scans on windows, SMART check, I yanked the new SSD out and tried to duplicate the BSOD(It still kept coming). I rolled back Nvidia drivers, I updated EVERY single out of date driver on my system. Nothing is working. i am also experiencing a huge slow down of the system. For example right clicking on the desktop to bring up the dropdown menu, it sits and remains after choosing. The mouse cursor does not lag however or show any sign of lag.

I just have no clue. I am including a very detailed report of my entire computers make up below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62175360/SIW_URIDINE.html

Solution
So, I have discovered the answer to my problems and it is not what I expected at all. It was my tp-link tl-wn722n adapter. Even removing the USB device from its cradle causes a BSOD. If the device is inside the computer at boot up, it will cause a BSOD either at the start or not long after. There seems to be no new drivers for this as I have the current drivers and no support for Windows 10.

Welp, new adapater time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would have fresh installed with those changes.

Try running memtest on the memory (1 stick at a time).

Try these: http://windowsreport.com/kernel-security-check-failure-windows/ - The order of steps seems broken on that page, i wouldn't download that driver program they mention. Only as I distrust driver programs to get right drivers.

Uri___Writer

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
So, I have discovered the answer to my problems and it is not what I expected at all. It was my tp-link tl-wn722n adapter. Even removing the USB device from its cradle causes a BSOD. If the device is inside the computer at boot up, it will cause a BSOD either at the start or not long after. There seems to be no new drivers for this as I have the current drivers and no support for Windows 10.

Welp, new adapater time.

Solution

Uri___Writer

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016

Thank you for the response, but I found the answer which I posted. Thank you Coif for the response. But memory did check out perfect, as did other hardware.

Colif

Win 11 Master
external hardware is always the hardest thing to troubleshoot. it took me months to work out my speakers were to blame for an inconsistent start up problem.

Now my keyboard's w key is failing and making typing a simple sentence annoying. My new kb on the way so only have to suffer tonight.

I am glad you worked it out :)