Question Security Patch KB5005565 breaks Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Bluetooth driver ?

Texas Kelly

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Came across this one while I was traveling this weekend... went to bed, woke up the next morning to the September update having been pushed, and my Bluetooth mouse was no longer working because Bluetooth appeared to no longer exist on my Acer Aspire R5-471T-51UN laptop. 🤦‍♂️

Device Manager showed an additional entry in the USB controllers section with a "Device Descriptor Request Failed" error. Uninstalling the update did bupkis; laptop is too old for there to be an up-to-date driver; Windows Update wouldn't show me anything since as far as it was concerned, I didn't have Bluetooth. Thankfully rolling back my laptop to a previous save point restored Bluetooth functionality, but now I have to keep updates on the laptop paused until Microsoft fixes the problem. I submitted a very basic bug report via the Feedback Hub - is there a better way to alert their attention to this than that? Or is there something else y'all can think of to allow updates to resume but still mitigate the bug?