Security?

Got my network(One pc, a Laptop, Broadband router -linksys sharing a net
connection) encripted, was just wondering, if there is any way to find out
if and when other pc's log on as i have been noticing a general slowdown in
bandwith and think i might have some freeloaders on my hands, lol.

Thanks

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
You can look at ypur Routers DHCP Clients List and see if there are extra
IPs assisgned.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Veritech" <jonathan.dalrymple@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Got my network(One pc, a Laptop, Broadband router -linksys sharing a net
> connection) encripted, was just wondering, if there is any way to find out
> if and when other pc's log on as i have been noticing a general slowdown
in
> bandwith and think i might have some freeloaders on my hands, lol.
>
> Thanks

The router logs should show what machines are connecting. You may need to
enable this logging first but that should give you all the information you
need to figure out if you are sharing your network resources.

newsgroup purposes only.
"Veritech" <jonathan.dalrymple@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Got my network(One pc, a Laptop, Broadband router -linksys sharing a net
> connection) encripted, was just wondering, if there is any way to find out
> if and when other pc's log on as i have been noticing a general slowdown
> in bandwith and think i might have some freeloaders on my hands, lol.
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS