See Neighbor's Router But Not My Own????

dick

I have a Toshiba wireless cable modem/router on my home network. I
have 4 computers operating on the network. I am attempting to add a
5th computer using a Linksys WUSB 11 wireless router. The new
computer sees a neighbor's wireless router, but completely ignores my
own, even though it is about 10-feet away in the same room. What's
going on? Router and adapter are both 802.11b. Windows XP.

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> I have a Toshiba wireless cable modem/router on my home network. I
> have 4 computers operating on the network. I am attempting to add a
> 5th computer using a Linksys WUSB 11 wireless router. The new
> computer sees a neighbor's wireless router, but completely ignores my
> own, even though it is about 10-feet away in the same room. What's
> going on? Router and adapter are both 802.11b. Windows XP.

Try changing the channel on your router.

Also check your settings to set your router as preferred, if that setting is
available.

--
Bob Alston

---