Sorry if this has been up before, but if you create a new scenario, you get
an option to specify a certain "seed"-number. What does this accomplish?
There's also the option when you start a new game, to preserve the "seed"?
I assume it's some kind of randomization, am I right?

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

Buck

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

On 14 Mar 2005 13:53:29 GMT, Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid>
wrote:

>Sorry if this has been up before, but if you create a new scenario, you get
>an option to specify a certain "seed"-number. What does this accomplish?
>There's also the option when you start a new game, to preserve the "seed"?
>I assume it's some kind of randomization, am I right?

I don't remember where, but when you play a game, the seed is posted
that generates the layout etc. You can enter that seed to repeat that
world, but I don't remember if it repeats the opponents, etc.

Additionally, you can type in your own seed number and play it several
times or challenge friends to use that seed to see who can get the
highest score.

I entered in a few but didn't like the results so I now just ignore
it. Some people like to have and use it though.

Buck
--
For what it's worth.

Normally when selecting a random map, the first thing that happens is a
puedso random seed number is generated.

What entering a seed number does is use that number instead of the
above puedo random seed number.

And so for a given seed number you get the same map. (This works like
the built into windows freecell game.) I'm not sure what would happen
if a negative seed number entered or a really big one entered as well.

If there are non-numeric codes, there's a built in function to covert
the alphas into a number with it's own hash function. I'm not sure if
capitalization matters in that function or not.

So if your wondering what the "Arcanna" or "Dragon" map would look
like, you can try it.

Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> skrev i meddelelsen

> preserve the "seed"? I assume it's some kind of randomization, am I
> right?

Thanks for the help, Guys.