Question Seeing blue Windows logo + wheel for a few seconds after boot before lockscreen, normal?

fwurm79

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
It's been about 4 years since I originally installed Windows 10 Home on a custom built system. I was having some issues with my microphone after upgrading memory and after I ran out of trouble shooting options I decided it was time for a reset. I reset using a bootable USB. Everything worked and Windows is working, my system is humming performance wise (after limited testing).

The thing I've noticed that's different since the reset
: Now, computer turns on, shows the BIOS prompt, and instead of going straight to the lock screen from BIOs POST, there's a split second where I see a blinking " _ " in the upper left corner of a black screen followed by the blue windows logo with the spinning wheel, then it goes to the lock screen.

It's not taking an absurd amount of time or anything, I just never experienced this on my original windows install. Is this normal? Or did I mess something up during the reset? Thank you.

Feb 12, 2019
It's been about 4 years since I originally installed Windows 10 Home on a custom built system. I was having some issues with my microphone after upgrading memory and after I ran out of trouble shooting options I decided it was time for a reset. I reset using a bootable USB. Everything worked and Windows is working, my system is humming performance wise (after limited testing).

The thing I've noticed that's different since the reset: Now, computer turns on, shows the BIOS prompt, and instead of going straight to the lock screen from BIOs POST, there's a split second where I see a blinking " _ " in the upper left corner of a black screen followed by the blue windows logo with the spinning wheel, then it goes to the lock screen.

It's not taking an absurd amount of time or anything, I just never experienced this on my original windows install. Is this normal? Or did I mess something up during the reset? Thank you.
this is normal, its just an effect of using it for long periods of time