Question Seeing if two ram sticks are compatible before opening the package

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, i'm planning to build a pc with 2 sticks of ram each with 8gb, the problem is, where i live buying memory in kits is much more expensive than buying individually (don't ask me why);

I'm gonna buy them at the same time, but as some have said it still has the chance to not work, is there any way to verify if they are compatible before opening the package and placing them into a PC?

Hi, i'm planning to build a pc with 2 sticks of ram each with 8gb, the problem is, where i live buying memory in kits is much more expensive than buying individually (don't ask me why);

I'm gonna buy them at the same time, but as some have said it still has the chance to not work, is there any way to verify if they are compatible before opening the package and placing them into a PC?
build what you are buying on pc part picker.

link

Only way is to try.

Jun 5, 2019
Can't i check with the part number?

The problem isn't the timings as it's easy to change but the die as i heard that if it's different between 2 sticks it will not work.

Can't i check with the part number?

The problem isn't the timings as it's easy to change but the die as i heard that if it's different between 2 sticks it will not work.
no, and two different sticks will work but not always sometimes "sometimes" one stick doesn't like the other, however two different sticks can cause fighting even if the do work together. setting custom speeds a step lower then the ram stalk setting usually will stop fighting however or you can just use pc part picker

That is not the question here. The OP is asking about mixing RAM sticks not bought as a single kit.
it's not a 100% accurate always but it has stopped me from buying two different ram sticks that don't work together before. they mainly focus on cpu mobo compat and other components however they do have some ram sticks that will and wont work with each other. i only did this three times and it was because i was in the same boat as him for some reason kits were more then single sticks

it's not a 100% accurate always but it has stopped me from buying two different ram sticks that don't work together before. they mainly focus on cpu mobo compat and other components however they do have some ram sticks that will and wont work with each other. i only did this three times and it was because i was in the same boat as him for some reason kits were more then single sticks
The question is about mixing RAM as buying a single kit is more expensive. PCPartPicker is checking the compatibility with the motherboard & cpu choice.