Seeing this when I boot up my PC.

arkrival

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Ok I just got my New GPU a XFX R9 390 and I wanted to see what I could do OCing it.

I used MSI Afterburner and the settings were unstable so I had to restart.

Now when I boot up I see this image below.

https://gyazo.com/b0e3d3c251d4adae72d41adc04e24154

My PC still runs great and the GPU is clocked like normal no OCing it.

I ordered this from Newegg, do I need to RMA this GPU or is it ok?

Solution

It would certainly seem so, yes. I was going to suggest removing the card from the PC and trying the other card. Then putting the R9-390 back in to see if anything changed. But it sounds like you already did that.

Justin Tullis

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
You've damaged your GPU it seems, always be careful when Overclocking. If the warranty covers it see if you can replace it, if not you should buy a new GPU. I can help you with that, but I'll need to know your Power supply, CPU, and budget please.

arkrival

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Ya I tried reinstalling the Drivers for the 300 series and changing the PCI-e slots. FUCK! lol nothing that is still there when I boot up.

Is there any program to test my GPU to see if its bad? or that I might be loosing any performance?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes, there is. It is called booting the PC. It your display is corrupted even at boot, there is something hardware-specific wrong with the system. The GPU is the first item to suspect obviously. You need another gfx card to try or another PC to test the faulty card in to verify.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

It would certainly seem so, yes. I was going to suggest removing the card from the PC and trying the other card. Then putting the R9-390 back in to see if anything changed. But it sounds like you already did that.

Solution

arkrival

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

Not much At all lol. I was googling some OCing on what to use on MSI afterburner and I tried some out. The settings I used did stall the GPU and the video did cut out, I only did this about 3 times. Never had an issue with a GPU before OCing it. I guess this GPU is a bad one out of the gate. Glad I found this sooner then later lol.