Question Seeking a protective case, screen protector, wrist-wrest cover, etc. to fit a MSI model GF63 Thin laptop

egonline

Commendable
Nov 9, 2019
I recently purchased a MSI GF63 "Thin" 9SC "gaming" laptop with a steel body housing a GeForce GTX 1650. I am unable to find any decent protective form-fitting cases designed specifically for this laptop's form factor. The GTX pushes a lot of heat when running full throttle. This prevents a problem for many of the "cases" I find in that they are either zippable sleeves or hard fastening shells that enshroud the entire laptop and do not balance protection, access/usability and air flow/ventilation.

I am accustomed to cases made for Macbook Pro like InCase, Speck, Slick and screen covers, wrist area wear protectors, 1mm or thinner keyboard spill covers, etc. by the likes of Twelve South, Moshi Monde, etc. These are made specifically for each of the laptop models as there is a very small number of models and form factors produced by Apple.

Does anyone know of a reliable, high quality product of either one or more damage-protection case (preferably one that mounts onto the laptop and provides open, unobstructed access to the laptop instead of something like a restrictive zip sleeve/case) with plenty of room for the heat of the GTX GPU to escape; a monitor dust/scratch cover (aka "privacy cover/screen"; a thin transparent adhesive that protects the screen of the laptop; a bezel/wrist-wrest area and trackpad wear-and-tear protective cover (usually temporary adhesive, removable and adjustable pieces), and a keyboard protector (e.g. the 1mm thin 'keyboard condoms' that are cut perfectly to the keyboard).

Of course, if there are other ideas and methods that work, I'm all hears.

egonline

Commendable
Nov 9, 2019
You won't find it because they don't make them, the per-unit sale is so low compared to a Macbook it doesn't warrant a 3rd party to invest in making products like those.

You can find a keyboard cover but it looks annoying to use.
Leze - Ultra Thin Keyboard Skin Cover

I figured re: an exact fit, but certainly there's some kind of protective shell or covering that is somewhat universal for given sizes of laptop shells?

The keyboard protector is probably very obnoxious indeed. It more than likely removes any mechanical 'pop' / feeling that the keys provide on its halfway decent keyboard and would slow down my typing speed considerably.

egonline

Commendable
Nov 9, 2019
UPDATE / SOLUTION:

I settled for a solution with a 3M brand "Privacy" monitor stick-on screen cover. It is most similar to a window tint; viewed directly it is mostly visible but otherwise darkened similar to your operating system's "night mode" blue-light dimmer and a "warm" view. When viewed from a side, above or below the screen is darkened out. It is easy to apply, flexible, and simply sticks to the bezel of the display and can be moved around without much fuss or mess. It creates a perfect matte affect and is easy on the eyes. It's not great for gaming or watching media but for console / CLI work it fits the bill.

I think it will do the trick until someone in the same vain as Twelve South and Moshi Monde start creating perfectly fitted, high-quality matte/glare reduction screen covers for popular laptop brands instead of solely Macbook Pro and (to some extent) Microsoft Surface.

Regards