Question Seeking advice on grphic card

satimis_06

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Hi all,

Can
Video card - NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER] (rev a1)

work without problem on
Asus TUF Gaming b-550 plus motherboard
?

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16C 32T)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

what do you mean, "without problem"?

if the board has a PCIe slot and you have a PSU that can offer the required wattage through a necessary PCIe cable, then it works.
whether it will function at it's intended performance depends on the rest of your system.

include your complete system specs with make & model of ALL components.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

satimis_06

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
what do you mean, "without problem"?

if the board has a PCIe slot and you have a PSU that can offer the required wattage through a necessary PCIe cable, then it works.
whether it will function at it's intended performance depends on the rest of your system.

include your complete system specs with make & model of ALL components.
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

A computer component seller offers me this motherboard

Asus TUF Gaming b-550 plus motherboard mannual

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...0-PLUS/E16576_TUF_GAMING_B550-PLUS_UM_WEB.pdf

Motherboard drawing
P-11

Hard drive - Crucial T500 PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 SSD with heatsink 2TB
(to be purchased)

Power Supply - Corsair CX550
(already available - can supply electricity to graphic card)

Kingston RAM - 2x32G DDR4
(to be purchased)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16C 32T)
(to be purchased)

Video card - NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER] (rev a1) (already available)

Regards

Last edited:

satimis_06

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Yes that card would work fine with that board. What is your intent for this system. If it is gaming, that is not the graphics card to get.
Hi@logainofhades

Thanks for your advice.

Actually I only need a powerful daily working PC, not for Gaming. I will also install Oracle Virtual Box on this PC with about 40 cloned websites running. The cloned websites are not open to public. The cloned websites serve as the backup of their live sites running on Internet.

Also before upgrading the live sites, I would test it on its cloned website running on the PC first before uploading it to Internet.

AMD Ryzen 7 may cater my need but I already have a Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5 PCs here running for several years, both of them with 32G RAM onboard. Now it is time for me building a new PC therefore I consider building a new AMD Ryzen 9 PC.

AM5 motherboard is good but it is too overpower for my use. I my drop selecting 12C 24T Ryzen 9 CPU.

What will be your suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Regards

satimis_06

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
That CPU will push the VRM's of that mobo (8+2 power phases). Ideally you need something with better VRMs/Power phases. The TUF B550 Pro with 12+2 would be better or higher from this list : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PuUWroxA0HvSSipsXlB8hnYkshxD8LdeO5EA6WLdOQw/edit#gid=0

Otherwise if the VRM's get hot, your case temps will increase, and your CPU could throttle.
Hi@Roland Of Gileadm,

Thanks for your advice. The component shop suggested me this motherboard

Regards