Question Seeking feedback for my future video rendering/gaming hybrid build

Jun 20, 2022
Hello all.

I've constructed my build and will slowly build it by purchasing 1-2 parts/month. Here it is:

-Asus ROG Strix B550-F
-Corsair RM 850
-Ryzen 9 5900 X
-Noctua NH-D15S
-G-Skill Trident Z Royal DDR4 4000 MHz 32 GB (2x16) x2

I've read some reviews where two kits didn't really work or weren't able to maintain the 4K clock speed. Alternative?

Storage will be split into two parts:

-WD Black M.2 2TB SN770 x2
-Samsung 870 EVO SSD x2

My C Drive will be on one of the M.2 along with all my creative programs and data associated with and my Steam Library, while the SSD will be for secondary storage.

As for the video card, I will keep my GTX 1070 for now but will eventually upgrade to 3060ti.

---

I understand the potential for this machine, but I wonder if any of you had suggestions to tweak it further, substituting a part for another perhaps?

On a side note, is there any way to kick in overclocking automatically when video rendering occurs, from OEM software or a third party?

GS

D

Deleted member 362816

Build wise looks solid to me. Good parts selection. The Noctua D15 will allow you to overclock pretty high if you see fit. I prefer x570 myself but arguably it really doesn't matter anymore according to most.

Reactions: GordonShock

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello all.

I've constructed my build and will slowly build it by purchasing 1-2 parts/month. Here it is:

-Asus ROG Strix B550-F
-Corsair RM 850
-Ryzen 9 5900 X
-Noctua NH-D15S
-G-Skill Trident Z Royal DDR4 4000 MHz 32 GB (2x16) x2

I've read some reviews where two kits didn't really work or weren't able to maintain the 4K clock speed. Alternative?

Storage will be split into two parts:

-WD Black M.2 2TB SN770 x2
-Samsung 870 EVO SSD x2

My C Drive will be on one of the M.2 along with all my creative programs and data associated with and my Steam Library, while the SSD will be for secondary storage.

As for the video card, I will keep my GTX 1070 for now but will eventually upgrade to 3060ti.

---

I understand the potential for this machine, but I wonder if any of you had suggestions to tweak it further, substituting a part for another perhaps?

On a side note, is there any way to kick in overclocking automatically when video rendering occurs, from OEM software or a third party?

GS
You need to buy all the memory in one kit not 2 kits.

I would probably find 3600 speed with 16 cas and buy it from the QVL for the motherboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonShock

TRENDING THREADS