[SOLVED] Seeking help, kida desperate. Desktop randomly shutting down

Jan 23, 2020
Hey users, I'm seeking help as I have no idea what to try next. I Have a desktop PC that never gave me much complicated problems, I used to use it everyday, until a built a new desktop around 2 months ago and left my first one on a break for that period. It was working flawlessly before, but now I've decided to use it again and the PC is shutting down (resetting) randomly by itself even in idle. I've tried to do some troubleshooting but with no luck, I've cleaned it inside, no dust, I've replaced the thermal compound on the CPU, I've tested the Ram's individually, cleared CMOS, checked both HDD's for problems via software, reinstalled OS, ran Intel's CPU testing utility (nothing wrong shows up), used speedfan and HWinfo to check voltages and temps (in speedfan in shows CPU is around 80c but in HWinfo and on the BIOS it's registering 35/40c), I have no real idea what to do next, it even shuts down on the BIOS menu, and sometimes it resets himself and the desktop itself seems to boot (fans spinning, LED's on) but all my periferals stay off (keyboard, mouse, wifi, monitor). Any clue? I'm lost

Solution
A computer shutting itself off is either psu, motherboard/bios, or bad hardware. So in bios see if you can find temp limit for cpu. If the temperature is reporting incorrectly for the cpu your computer may think it is overheating and shutting itself off. If it is set at 80c or lower set it as high as it will allow. See if this may be the problem.
A computer shutting itself off is either psu, motherboard/bios, or bad hardware. So in bios see if you can find temp limit for cpu. If the temperature is reporting incorrectly for the cpu your computer may think it is overheating and shutting itself off. If it is set at 80c or lower set it as high as it will allow. See if this may be the problem.

Solution
Jan 23, 2020
I've checked again the event viewer, and it stated the the source of the reboot was "Kernel-Power" I'm starting tu suspect that it is a PSU issue, since it also shuts down on BIOS screen. But I'll still try to up the threshold for the overheating protection