Seeking input on VX2435WM

russki

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Gents (and ladies),

I seek your professional input on a monitor purchase. Hopefully, I can solicit a quick response.

I am looking to buy a 24" widescreen LCD monitor. My requirements are that it is not a TN - sorry, hate the bad colors, and that there is no input lag.

Afaik, 24" PVA panels are dropping out left and right, plus they all have input lag issues.

I am looking at Viewsonic VX2435WM. From the specs it seems that it's an MVA, which I think are not as good with regards to input lag and provide acceptable color. Plus, I don't want to shell out $1,000 for the NEC S-IPS.

I know that Viewsonic (and others) have pulled the PVA/MVA -> TN switcheroo recently on a number of models. Is that true for this display as well? If so, do you guys know any reputable resellers that will guarantee an MVA panel?

Are there any strongly negative experiences with this monitor in general? Reviews seem to be quite ok.

Thanks in advance.

Generally, VA panels (PVA and MVA) have more input lag than either TN or IPS. But I've seen some tests where TN and IPS panels were slower than VA panels. This type of test isn't done very often, in fact it is extremely rare to say the least.

Not sure which VA panel has the least input lag. But I know the BenQ FP241W was pretty low. However, it has been discontinued. There is one store which claims they still have them in stock and selling for about $590 + shipping + tax:

BenQ FP241W @ Shark System

That monitor was on the top of my list (about $700 at the time) until I decided to buy the NEC LCD2690WUXi (H-IPS panel).