[SOLVED] Seeking recommendations on replacement 2.1 PC speaker system and webcam

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I plan to replace my gaming PC either later this year or early next year. Even though I have not finalized my decision on the computer itself, I figure it may be easier to look at possible candidates for both a 2.1 speaker and a webcam. My speakers are a Logitech Z523 setup and the webcam is a Logitech C922x. In addition to gaming, I use my PC to listen to music in FLAC format and view some streaming content such as YouTube. I would like the speaker setup to have both good sound and bass. I plan to use either an internal or external dedicated sound card so I am open to suggestions on a speaker system that uses digital optical, 3.5 mm, or RCA plugs and cables. If possible, I would like the speaker setup to have a knob on one of the speakers to control the bass on the subwoofer. For price I am looking at around $100 or less.

For the webcam, I am open to suggestions on whether I should hold on to my current webcam or look at a replacement. The cam is still in good condition, but I would like to see if there are any reasonably priced webcams that perform better. I plan to purchase a 1440p gaming monitor, possibly a 4K monitor if there is a good deal, but I am not planning to do any live gamer streaming such as Twitch or YouTube. I will use the webcam for Skype or Zoom calls and the occasional selfie. For price, I am looking at around $100 or less.

Thanks.

Solution
The cost for the sound card will be separate from the speakers. My intention is to get a reliable sound card, either internal or external, that handles both music and gaming audio. My price range for the card may be around $100 or less. I intend to setup the speakers on my computer in my bedroom. Generally, I purchase my PC parts on Amazon, but if I am looking for Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals, I use PCPartPicker.com to find retailers who offer the best deals. Right now I am just looking at normal prices for the speakers. Hope this helps. Thanks.

You are gong to be way better off spending $200 on speakers rather than dividing things for a sound card.
In fact I would not touch the webcam you have either and use all...

Lutfij

Titan
Does the prices include the speakers and the dedicated sound card? If not, for a 2.1 setup, you're not benefiting much with an optical input. The benefit with an optical connection is that one cable replaces the need for multiple cables for a multi-channel audio setup.

Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase?

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
The cost for the sound card will be separate from the speakers. My intention is to get a reliable sound card, either internal or external, that handles both music and gaming audio. My price range for the card may be around $100 or less. I intend to setup the speakers on my computer in my bedroom. Generally, I purchase my PC parts on Amazon, but if I am looking for Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals, I use PCPartPicker.com to find retailers who offer the best deals. Right now I am just looking at normal prices for the speakers. Hope this helps. Thanks.

You are gong to be way better off spending $200 on speakers rather than dividing things for a sound card.
In fact I would not touch the webcam you have either and use all that for the speakers.

If you are not after rap levels of bass a nice stereo powered speaker can be had in your price range https://www.amazon.com/Altavoces-es.../B016PAWJYS/ref=psdc_3236451011_t4_B01CDIS6M0

or 2.1 with more bass

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TG3B7...aWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Pro-...ipsch+2.1&qid=1599584360&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Solution