[SOLVED] Seeking the best Monitor

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
United States

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
Gaming

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
1920x1080

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
144hz but anything 80+ is also ok

5. How much are you looking to spend?
150-300 + or - 50

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
Whatever

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
N/A

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
No

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
3xDP and 1xHDMI

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
Displayport

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
Primary

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
No

Additional Notes:
Gsync monitors would be preferable as well.

Solution
I've been searching for monitors for the past 2 or 3 months, although I was searching for 4K monitors, I can tell you that if you want to be doing photo editing you "might" have to put out some more money (depending on the screen size you're after) . If having accurate colours is more important to you for your editing than gaming is then you will need an IPS monitor with a wide colour gamut. Try the LG, Acer or Dell websites or try Pcpartpicker.com and use the filters to the left to narrow down your search. Then once you find one that fits your needs you can always go to youtube or even on here to check reviews on said monitor or ask for opinions about it on here. Good luck.
Mar 12, 2020
I've been searching for monitors for the past 2 or 3 months, although I was searching for 4K monitors, I can tell you that if you want to be doing photo editing you "might" have to put out some more money (depending on the screen size you're after) . If having accurate colours is more important to you for your editing than gaming is then you will need an IPS monitor with a wide colour gamut. Try the LG, Acer or Dell websites or try Pcpartpicker.com and use the filters to the left to narrow down your search. Then once you find one that fits your needs you can always go to youtube or even on here to check reviews on said monitor or ask for opinions about it on here. Good luck.

Solution

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Except I'm gaming?

And thanks I guess...

Mar 12, 2020
Except I'm gaming?

And thanks I guess...
I am by no means an expert when it comes to this topic... I just gave my 2 cents on what little I have learned during my search. Like I said in my first post. If having accurate colours for your photo editing is more important to you than gaming then that's what you should focus on mainly. If you are able to find a monitor with good colour accuracy and the rest of the stuff you're looking for then go for that I say. Youtube reviews help alot. Atleast for me.

larsv8

Distinguished
Update:

I found this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XV1519W/ref=twister_B089QKDSH8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1080p
165hz
.5ms refresh rate
Gsync Compatible

Is this Good?

ASUS makes good monitors, for the most part, and this has the ideal specs for FPS / Racing gaming.

The only thing I would say is that it looks like a TN panel. You might want to read through IPS vs VA vs TN to understand the differences.

There is no right answer but depending on the types of games you play, you might prefer a different type of panel.