Seeking wild hairs (test ideas)

I've been reviewing mainstream motherboards for a while now (that will continue). I've also gotten to deviate from the more scripted tests the enthusiast-class authors have been using as they look for performance differences among a much more expensive class of product. We all started with the same base hardware, (e.g. the PSU, CPU, RAM, cooler, and GT730), but I've made some changes to mine, that I thought would make sense. I've gotten to write about my test procedures, and how and why I've changed them, and even done an experimental build.
What changes or additions would you like to see, in particular that you think would interest mainstream buyers? I'll be moving on to 200-series boards soon, but what else would you want to see? If some additional and/or different hardware is needed, I'm not opposed to spending my own money on it; hey this is my hobby too; but keep in mind my goal is to satisfy the greatest amount of curiosity with any changes or other ideas; $100 is a lot more palatable than $300, especially if it's short term or a one-off. To get published, it will need to pass muster with the Editors, of course, so "would this appear on Tom's?" can't be "Oh hell no!"