Question Seemingly Random PC freezes (especially during screensharing)

Sep 1, 2021
Good evening everyone.

For about 1-2 months I've had a problem with randomly occoruring, short PC freezes. During this time, my audio cuts off, I cant hear my friends on discord, my screen freezes but after about 5-10 seconds its usually back to normal. What I've noticed is that mostly this happens during relatively high intensity GPU usage, such as screenshare or playing videogames.
After the freeze, I hear most of the stuff that was said slightly sped up, like my PC is catching up kinda. The same thing happens to what I say and starts playing the moment my PC unfreezes. Ive tried monitoring my GPU usage, but usually since i play pretty easy to run games like League of Legends or Isaac this doesnt go beyond 15%.

I cant quite figure out what it is and im scared that it might leave permanent damage on my PC. Ive updated most of my drivers already.

What should I do?

I have:
1 year old 3060Ti
i9 9900k
4x8 corsair RAM 2200mhz
Z390 AORUS ULTRA Motherboard
1 Intel optane
2 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SSDs
Windows 10

Sep 1, 2021
Resplendence Software - Free Downloads Download the latency monitor app from here. Run the monitor in the background while you are gaming using discord etc. until you experience the trouble a few times. Then read the report it gives to see if it finds any bad drivers etc.
Thank you so much! The tools here are amazing!
Ive now found out that my i9-9900k sometimes is running at a fraction of its clockspeed right after the problem occured.
What could cause this?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS