Question Seems like i can't change any settings on my boards BIOS

Andres9213

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
Hi. I'm a total newbie to CPU overclocking. I am building an AMD based system, with the following parts as of now:

Mobo: Aorus B450 pro wifi (BIOS: F42C)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF
RAM: Hyperx Fury RGB 3200 MHz Cl16 2 x 8 Gb
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
Booting from: ADATA SP550 120 GB SSD
Other storage: 2x toshiba 7200rpm 1 Tb HDDs + 1 x HP EX950 512 Gb M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
PSU: EVGA 550W 80+ (white)

Now, I'm not looking for the best OC settings i could possibly squeeze out form my CPU, as i know my current PSU may be a bit small (I'm reusing parts from my previous system while i manage to get all the new parts, including PSU, GPU, different storage drives, case and fans). But, I'd like to start familiarizing myself with the process.

I went into the BIOS to try and follow the steps described on a guide i found on PCGAMER, but to my surprise I can't pretty much change any settings other than enabling/disabling XMP and switching between levels and enabling/disabling voltage settings.

See it for yourselves here:
Bios settings problem

Now, with that said, I also tried doing slight changes with Ryzen Master and there i can move settings and have them applied (as seen by changes in benchmarking scores on cinebench).

What am I missing here?

OllympianGamer

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
Hi. I'm a total newbie to CPU overclocking. I am building an AMD based system, with the following parts as of now:

Mobo: Aorus B450 pro wifi (BIOS: F42C)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF
RAM: Hyperx Fury RGB 3200 MHz Cl16 2 x 8 Gb
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
Booting from: ADATA SP550 120 GB SSD
Other storage: 2x toshiba 7200rpm 1 Tb HDDs + 1 x HP EX950 512 Gb M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
PSU: EVGA 550W 80+ (white)

Now, I'm not looking for the best OC settings i could possibly squeeze out form my CPU, as i know my current PSU may be a bit small (I'm reusing parts from my previous system while i manage to get all the new parts, including PSU, GPU, different storage drives, case and fans). But, I'd like to start familiarizing myself with the process.

I went into the BIOS to try and follow the steps described on a guide i found on PCGAMER, but to my surprise I can't pretty much change any settings other than enabling/disabling XMP and switching between levels and enabling/disabling voltage settings.

See it for yourselves here:
Bios settings problem

Now, with that said, I also tried doing slight changes with Ryzen Master and there i can move settings and have them applied (as seen by changes in benchmarking scores on cinebench).

What am I missing here?
Check in the bios system tab whether access level is set to administrator.
Edit - saw in your video it is but it is that option which can lock access to most settings in the bios, might be an issue with it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS