Sega: Big Money in PC Gaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
long live sega, its spiritual residue continues to live on.... but what happened to its arcade-like games such as altered beast and streets of rage? We need more of that on consoles!

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]the_punkinator[/nom]Where are the annoying comments which go something like "Piracy is killing PC gaming"?[/citation]
They whining about piracy because its greedy comapanies thats increasing piracy putting 50$ price tag on games that can be finished in matter of few hours and using sucky drm as starforce or new ubisoft crap.

Dont like many late sega games (not just my type), but they have thumb up from me.

Bought over 90 games in last 12 months and none of them use invasive drm.

counselmancl

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Just give consoles full mouse support and many games improve 100% overnight. Even then, the PC will still have the edge in several areas. Consoles used to be no where close, but with each new generation the gap has closed considerably.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Of course they like the PC arena, look at AvP, release a half-baked game with no dedicated servers, and as of yet still only has BETA servers...Then on top of all the hype they purposely release 2 maps that are eh at most and then try to sell you a handful for yet even more money. Gee...anyone remember AvP2? How many maps came with the game? How many were released later on? How much did they cost? Nothing. This DLC is the next money maker 'scam'. I could honestly see DLC as something of an easier to achieve expansion material 'thing', but abusing like SEGA/Rebellion did and practically release DLC right after the game comes out deserves a thumbs down.

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]counselmancl[/nom]Just give consoles full mouse support and many games improve 100% overnight. Even then, the PC will still have the edge in several areas. Consoles used to be no where close, but with each new generation the gap has closed considerably.[/citation]

each generation to come out, sure, can close the gap a bit more. But this doesn't matter when it takes 6 years for a new generation to come out, while in that same time I've upgraded my entire pc

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]Wow!Someone on that leaderboard has clocked over 363 hours!Thats a minimum average of 11.3 hours per day since the release date![/citation]
That could be multiple people on one account, but it is still A TON OF HOURS!

Status
Not open for further replies.