Sega Outs Pre-order, CE Edition Details for Aliens: CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Hooray for dumbed down console shooter ports! I will gladly fork over $100 for a game that will be $19.99 on Steam 3-4 months after it is released....guaranteed! Oh wait the Steam version will not have the USCM Graduation Certificate, oh darn!!!!!

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Hooray for dumbed down console shooter ports! I will gladly fork over $100 for a game that will be $19.99 on Steam 3-4 months after it is released....guaranteed! Oh wait the Steam version will not have the USCM Graduation Certificate, oh darn!!!!![/citation]

It's not just about the game, it's also about the swag.

What jerk-off made the decision to exclude PC gamers, and still kept his job?

"Lets pick the more piracy prone platform, and take away the most compelling reason to actually purchase our product at full price. That'll show those darned PC gamers not to pirate games!"

What a first class douche move. No PC CE edition just cuz? OK, fine, I'll buy it used just to screw them outta some extra cash from even a steam sale.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
finally companies understand a special edition box can be more then only digital extras, i my self got the guild wars Ci loved the char you got with it.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
How could American be such retards and fall for this pre-order crap? I do not understand. Americans blame banks for the bad economy, complain about mortgages, loans and stuff... And then they go pay money the do not own for things that aren't real yet??? Now that's ridiculous! That's way beyond rational human reasoning!

If the thing is something really important, like something that could save life, I would understand that. But seriously preordering games??? That can't be real!

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]How could American be such retards and fall for this pre-order crap? I do not understand. Americans blame banks for the bad economy, complain about mortgages, loans and stuff... And then they go pay money the do not own for things that aren't real yet??? Now that's ridiculous! That's way beyond rational human reasoning!If the thing is something really important, like something that could save life, I would understand that. But seriously preordering games??? That can't be real![/citation]
Go hug a tree, hippy!

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Few PC gamers would buy a CE edition of a console port, i think they made the right choice as many will just collect dust in retail - After all about 80% of the PC sales is made by digital downloads according to many experts (also explaining all the "poor" sales in charts as the real numbers aren't there, just the ancient retail in sites like vgchartz who rarely get the REAL sale numbers from the publishers).

I just hope Gearbox make a solid PC version and not have it dumbed down with auto-aim and like that is needed to compensate for the very poor shooter performance of the console controllers. Also hope the PC gfx is made with today's PC cards in mind, not the old 7800gtx from the xbox (yeah, its "just" 7 years old gpu design in that garbage - sorry if it offends you but its the truth).

jigglylizard

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
How could American be such retards and fall for this pre-order crap? I do not understand. Americans blame banks for the bad economy, complain about mortgages, loans and stuff... And then they go pay money the do not own for things that aren't real yet??? Now that's ridiculous! That's way beyond rational human reasoning!

If the thing is something really important, like something that could save life, I would understand that. But seriously preordering games??? That can't be real!

Wow. Talk about stereotyping and illogical. Firstly, people who preorder this might actually be spending money that they have. Not everyone is poor. Secondly, its normal to have a hobby. If you don't then life is pretty much not worth living (at least to me). Third, I doubt that the cause of the recession is pre-orders on video game collector editions... It might have to do with overly greedy corporations and mezzanine-level sub-prime mortgages being repackaged as AAA asset-backed investments, mortgage pools, and sold to investors who did not know they were basically being lied to and screwed. Finally, I doubt that in your life you have never spent more money than you should on something that was not "saving a life" as you put it.

I don't get what you gain by posting random gibberish like that, other than patting yourself on the back.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
honestly this shouldn't be an issue. This game is nothing but a console port. Why would any PC gamer spend 100 dollars for a game that will feel and run like a dumbed down console game on their very expensive and powerful computer? I mean Randy Pitch"tard" and gearbox made ZERO mention of PC game play for Aliens: Colonial marines.....All they did was have an absolute boner for the Wii U, Xbox, and PS3 versions. So yeah I am going to wait tell this gets released on steam and buy it when it goes for 29.99 or better yet I might not get it at all. I just about had it with crappy console ports. I have bought too many and now it must end.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]How could American be such retards and fall for this pre-order crap? I do not understand. Americans blame banks for the bad economy, complain about mortgages, loans and stuff... And then they go pay money the do not own for things that aren't real yet??? Now that's ridiculous! That's way beyond rational human reasoning!If the thing is something really important, like something that could save life, I would understand that. But seriously preordering games??? That can't be real![/citation]
I could start a 10 pages rant about how dumb your comment is, but I'm just gonna break it up to you in one simple equation : Buying (games) = Helping the economy

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
"UPDATE: Bummer. Based on GameStop's website and Sega's press images, looks like PC gamers will be left out of the pre-order bonus and Collector's Edition loop after all. Let's hope that changes before February."

this makes me feel like the port won't be worth it. Some console ports are done right, but most are complete garbage. The fact that they are not even considering giving a collectors edition for PC makes me feel like the PC is an after thought.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Hooray for dumbed down console shooter ports! I will gladly fork over $100 for a game that will be $19.99 on Steam 3-4 months after it is released....guaranteed! Oh wait the Steam version will not have the USCM Graduation Certificate, oh darn!!!!![/citation]

LoL JUST like AvP2010...biggest, without a doubt, waste of money I've ever spent on a game. And the sad thing is, it's true. That's EXACTLY what happened with AVP2010. I already said the same thing though in an earlier TH AvP:CM article. I'm not gonna lie though...this does come with a pretty sweet powder coated figure AND sonic electronic ball breakers... This CE is awesome compared to the weaksauce that the Diablo 3 CE offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.