Question Segate Hard drive issue

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
I have a segate hard drive 1tb 5400rpm based just 6 months old and suddenly its behaving wierd.
I have created two partitions one of 400 gb which is acting wierd from some days.
Whenever i try to copy something to that partition the spees goes down to 0 bytes and then whole system starts like its not responding.
Even when i open task manager i see the drive partition are gone suddenly and only gpu cpu and ssd is shown.Only on this partition this wierd thing is happening. The other partition works like normal what is wrong with it..

How - and what tool did you use when formatting the partitions?

Did you receive any erro messages during or just after formatting?

Any other problems experienced with the same computer - even if not seems to be related to this issue?

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
How - and what tool did you use when formatting the partitions?

Did you receive any erro messages during or just after formatting?

Any other problems experienced with the same computer - even if not seems to be related to this issue?
i didn't have any other issues or errors and i formatted it using windows own disk management tool.
Its been few days i am seeing this issue i tried diskcheck and error checking as well as defragmenting but nothing has worked so far.

I'll guess that the drive is starting to die. If you have important data on it you should take backup anyway - start with the most important data.

Then you'll need a tool capable to read the s.m.a.r.t. data from the hdd. Crystaldisk is such a program. Try to see if you find any errors (or just paste the information back here)

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
I'll guess that the drive is starting to die. If you have important data on it you should take backup anyway - start with the most important data.

Then you'll need a tool capable to read the s.m.a.r.t. data from the hdd. Crystaldisk is such a program. Try to see if you find any errors (or just paste the information back here)
ok i will check but the drive is just 6mnths old

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018

View: https://imgur.com/Gy3RDR7

check this image and i found out that my hard disk drive is of 7200rpm as the seller told me its 5400 rpm one.
THere is something yellowed in colour i dont know exactly what but crystal says CAUTION in health status and there is yellow dot in reallocated sector count.

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
use the seagate seatools for test of hdd and take note of the code it wil give back with this strart rma procees for defective drive .
Seagate seatools has failed in a diagnosis test.
It passed the S.M.A.R.T test but in next test it failed.
it shows to use seaboot or something like that to fix hard drive but i don't know how to use it.