Question Segotep SG-K7

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No, that case is pretty terrible. Even the reviews I was able to find on the case weren't legit reviews; no thermal or noise tests of any kind.
Segotep paid those individuals to showcase it, and nothing more. Pretty sad that cases like these are so hyped up...

3 solid glass panels: both sides and the front. Glass is an insulator of heat and sound. Where the hell are the actual air intakes for this case?
Oh, the standoffs the front panel is fastened to provides like a 1-2mm gap...:rolleyes:

You can only really run APU setups in a case like that. [An APU is a cpu with a built in graphics processor.]
Forget about running discreet graphics cards in there.

Reactions: PanzaruRares

PanzaruRares

Prominent
Jan 20, 2020
No, that case is pretty terrible. Even the reviews I was able to find on the case weren't legit reviews; no thermal or noise tests of any kind.
Segotep paid those individuals to showcase it, and nothing more. Pretty sad that cases like these are so hyped up...

3 solid glass panels: both sides and the front. Glass is an insulator of heat and sound. Where the hell are the actual air intakes for this case?
Oh, the standoffs the front panel is fastened to provides like a 1-2mm gap...:rolleyes:

You can only really run APU setups in a case like that. [An APU is a cpu with a built in graphics processor.]
Forget about running discreet graphics cards in there.
Can you give me some examples for a case under 100 euros please

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
I really like the nxzt 510 you mentioned. Does a gtx 970 asus turbo,b85-plus motherboard and sirtec ep650-s fit in it?
Yes, it supports up to an ATX motherboard and the 970 will fit perfectly good in the case. The NZXT skew of cases are some of the best on the market right now. The PSU will also fit, although ive never heard of the sirtec ep650, if you can, I would recommend purchasing an EVGA/Seasonic/Corsair 600/650w with a bronze or gold efficiency rating. But I'm not sure whats available in your country.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I really like the nxzt 510 you mentioned. Does a gtx 970 asus turbo,b85-plus motherboard and sirtec ep650-s fit in it?
Yes.

The NZXT skew of cases are some of the best on the market right now.
You're giving them WAY too much credit.
The vast majority of the H-series cases, save for 2, are poor choices for running the higher end gpus, such as the RX 5700XT, 2070 Super, and higher. They will either thermal throttle, or run fairly warm(75C+) when fully loaded.
The 2 exceptions are the H700 and H710, where NZXT basically brute force the airflow by adding more fans in the design.

Reactions: oldcracc

PanzaruRares

Prominent
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, it supports up to an ATX motherboard and the 970 will fit perfectly good in the case. The NZXT skew of cases are some of the best on the market right now. The PSU will also fit, although ive never heard of the sirtec ep650, if you can, I would recommend purchasing an EVGA/Seasonic/Corsair 600/650w with a bronze or gold efficiency rating. But I'm not sure whats available in your country.
If i want to upgrade i will upgrade my i5 4460
Yes.

You're giving them WAY too much credit.
The vast majority of the H-series cases, save for 2, are poor choices for running the higher end gpus, such as the RX 5700XT, 2070 Super, and higher. They will either thermal throttle, or run fairly warm(75C+) when fully loaded.
The 2 exceptions are the H700 and H710, where NZXT basically brute force the airflow by adding more fans in the design.
I don't have a high end gpu or a ryzen

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If i want to upgrade i will upgrade my i5 4460

I don't have a high end gpu or a ryzen
The cpu doesn't matter as much, since it's usually right next to the exhaust case fans. The bad, and no so good case designs have the greatest impact on gpu temps.
I was merely saying that if you were to go for one of those 200w+ gpus, they would likely run a tad warm - it also depends on your room temps too.

If you take any case, for example, test in game temps - then do it again with the front and side panels off... a well designed case shouldn't display a large discrepancy(under 10C) between the panels on or off.

PanzaruRares

Prominent
Jan 20, 2020
The cpu doesn't matter as much, since it's usually right next to the exhaust case fans. The bad, and no so good case designs have the greatest impact on gpu temps.
I was merely saying that if you were to go for one of those 200w+ gpus, they would likely run a tad warm - it also depends on your room temps too.

If you take any case, for example, test in game temps - then do it again with the front and side panels off... a well designed case shouldn't display a large discrepancy(under 10C) between the panels on or off.
So you're saying Nxzt H500i is bad?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So you're saying Nxzt H500i is bad?
No. The case is fine, but it has it's limits.
You may run into thermal issues with beefier graphics cards. An RX 5700, 2060 Super, 1660 Super, RX 580, and so on will have no problem in there.
It's minimalist design isn't ideal for high end builds with components like a 9900K + 2080 Super.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any confusion.

Last edited:

PanzaruRares

Prominent
Jan 20, 2020
No. The case is fine, but it has it's limits.
You may run into thermal issues with beefier graphics cards. An RX 5700, 2060 Super, 1660 Super, RX 580, and so on will have no problem in there.
It's minimalist design isn't ideal for high end builds with components like a 9900K + 2080 Super.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any confusion.
Thanks for the replies!