Question Selecting 10/12 bit colors or remain default?

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
Hello everyone, So what i wanna know is that right now my color settings are at default with HDR on in windows display settings (@4k/60), and when I open the display info on my display(TV/Monitor) it show 4k/60,HDR.
So am i getting full hdr10 color space or do i need go manually select (Nvidia color settings ) ycbcr 422 and then 12bit? I already tried that but i didn't see any difference between default and ycbcr 422 - 12bit, may be there is and i can't tell the difference.
What do you guys think?

If you go to Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings, it will tell you which bit-depth the display is currently using.

I would argue doing the 4:2:2 12-bit setting will make things worse unless you're only watching videos on the monitor, as 4:2:2 reduces the color resolution.

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
If you go to Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings, it will tell you which bit-depth the display is currently using.

I would argue doing the 4:2:2 12-bit setting will make things worse unless you're only watching videos on the monitor, as 4:2:2 reduces the color resolution.
I have a Samsung 4k 65" TV so its the same for TVs for what you said about the reduced color resolution in 12 bit color space.
oh, its saying 8bit with dithering, so do i change it to 10 as you said 12 bit reduces the color or remain at 8 for the better colors?