[SOLVED] Selection for PSU

Oct 3, 2019
After spending a lot of time on PSU for my new PC I recently purchased the "Circle Pro Series CL 500 WATT 80+White Power Supply " can anyone tell me how is it and the pros and cons of it......

Solution
Hi, Keith can you please suggest some other brand which can replace my choice. What I must want is 500 watt of output for my PC

Corsair
Coolermaster
Thermaltek

This wouldn't be a bad choice:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $69.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-04 04:33 EDT-0400

Its budget friendly and a good mainstream PSU.
Well, TBH, there are no pros.

This is a bad PSU. I guess it may have been cheap? Cheap, in terms of PSU mean poor quality, and trouble.

The fact there are no reviews about this unit tells you all you need to know. No-one here in this forum would advice another forum member to buy one of these.

It's highly likely it doesn't even output 500w on it's main voltage rail. It could actually be as little as 350w depending on some factors.

Depending on what system you have (list your other specs), I would simply advise you to throw that in the bin, and buy something decent so you don't kill your computer or set your house on fire.

The PSU is the heart of your system. Would you want the heart to be faulty, and ready to break down at any time? No. Definately consider getting something better than that.

Oct 3, 2019
Well, TBH, there are no pros.

This is a bad PSU. I guess it may have been cheap? Cheap, in terms of PSU mean poor quality, and trouble.

The fact there are no reviews about this unit tells you all you need to know. No-one here in this forum would advice another forum member to buy one of these.

It's highly likely it doesn't even output 500w on it's main voltage rail. It could actually be as little as 350w depending on some factors.

Depending on what system you have (list your other specs), I would simply advise you to throw that in the bin, and buy something decent so you don't kill your computer or set your house on fire.

The PSU is the heart of your system. Would you want the heart to be faulty, and ready to break down at any time? No. Definately consider getting something better than that.

Hi, Keith can you please suggest some other brand which can replace my choice. What I must want is 500 watt of output for my PC

Corsair
Coolermaster
Thermaltek

Corsair
Coolermaster
Thermaltek

This wouldn't be a bad choice:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $69.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-04 04:33 EDT-0400

Its budget friendly and a good mainstream PSU.

Last edited:
Solution