[SOLVED] Selection of routers that support NAT Loopback (Hairpinning)

Amunsul

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
Hi everyone. I've recently come across a need for an arrangement of my home network to support NAT loopback / hairpinning. My current router doesn't support that and so i need an upgrade.

The new router doesn't need to be WIFI as i'm incorporating a Cisco 8 port switch and a Cisco aircap wireless AP, though in that regard the router needs to be able to support those, though i don't think that's much of an issue these days. However if the better options are for a wifi router, thats okay to!

I'm trying to keep to a price range under $200. I'm hoping that removing the WIFI feature will lessen the price some. I'm open to various brands though prefer the more well known.

Anyone have any suggestions?? Much appreciated!

Amunsul

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
do you know of specific models that are confirmed to support NAT Loopback? thats kinda been the biggest challenge, finding which models support it, its not usually something listed on the box lol.

Amunsul

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm i think i would rather use a device that has the feature by default just so i know if should be working and not constantly wondering if i setup the rules wrong. Does anyone have any non-MikroTik options?

kanewolf

Titan
Hmmm i think i would rather use a device that has the feature by default just so i know if should be working and not constantly wondering if i setup the rules wrong. Does anyone have any non-MikroTik options?
My Ubiquiti UniFI security gateway has it. But if you aren't using Ubiquiti APs I wouldn't recommend it. The Ubiquiti Edgerouters look like it is an add-on feature.