Self built PC won't work after GPU upgrade

KeenanDC

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
I built a PC from scratch and it worked great, it did however have an issue with the bios whenever I booted where if I ran the display through my gpu it would display the bios screen for 1:15 instead of its usual few seconds, with it I also could not actually access the bios.. however if displaying from the on board graphics it was fine... its specs where:
CPU- Intel i5
Mobo- gigabyte ga-h77-d3h-mvp
Disk drives- 1x280gb hdd (c:/) 1x1tb hdd
Gpu- Gtx750
Psu- Shaw Evo-775max
Ram- 12gb ddr3 ram (2 sticks run at 1600mhz while the other runs at 1333mhz)

I have now since upgraded my rig with a gigabyte gtx 1050Ti OC edition however the rig will light up and all and all fans will start accept for the gpu's fans though it's led lights turn on.. it won't display anything with my first monitor which uses hdmi (I have tried all 3 ports) however will display the bios when connected to my other monitor which is connected by dvi.. it will only display the bios screen for a few mins and I cannot actually touch the bios.. it then proceeds to lose signal then continue to run but not actually display anything.. I've checked all connections and are good.. I've tried everything I can but don't have the resources to be individually testing each part.. it's most likely the mobo, gpu or psu (I've read pretty bad things about the brand since actually..) but I can't say for sure.. please help!

Solution
I would ask you to remove the PSU from your system!
131627x0auas6q88a4s6m6.jpg

It's more paper weight than a PSU.

Don't mix and match ram sticks. Think of rams as a pair of shoes, if you loose one out of a pair, you're going to have to buy a full pair instead of only one you lost. It's always advised to work with a kit or a matched pair of rams instead of just dropping X and Y brands to get a cumulative memory load out...how are they populated on your motherboard? Two sticks can't be running at 1600MHz since they're all downclocked to 1333MHz.

Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date? Borrow a PSU that is reliable and branded with at least 500W from your friend or...

Lutfij

Titan
I would ask you to remove the PSU from your system!
131627x0auas6q88a4s6m6.jpg

It's more paper weight than a PSU.

Don't mix and match ram sticks. Think of rams as a pair of shoes, if you loose one out of a pair, you're going to have to buy a full pair instead of only one you lost. It's always advised to work with a kit or a matched pair of rams instead of just dropping X and Y brands to get a cumulative memory load out...how are they populated on your motherboard? Two sticks can't be running at 1600MHz since they're all downclocked to 1333MHz.

Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date? Borrow a PSU that is reliable and branded with at least 500W from your friend or neighbor and try and see if the system boots up. On another note, can you be specific about your processor and rams?

Refer to this PSU tier list for a reliable/quality unit.

Solution