self contained liquid cooling

wigiboy

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
how does this work? lets say that ill buy corsair h55. am not overclocking. after opening the box, do i just have to install it? is there anything that i need to put in the "cooler"? does it go empty? do i need to refill something?or is it disposable? how is it self contained? i really hate the stock HSF of my PH 2 x4 955 be..

Solution

Yes you just install it.

You will not have to put anything in the cooler as long as it lives(should go for at least 3-5 years or some would not be giving 5 year warranties on them :) ).

Technically over time it may loose some liquid via evaporation through the tubes, but you should not have water in your system or anything. This would take YEARS

It is self contained because it is designed NOT to be...

Yes you just install it.

You will not have to put anything in the cooler as long as it lives(should go for at least 3-5 years or some would not be giving 5 year warranties on them :) ).

Technically over time it may loose some liquid via evaporation through the tubes, but you should not have water in your system or anything. This would take YEARS

It is self contained because it is designed NOT to be opened for top offs and refills while a normal custom liquid cooler is built with the intent to open/add/flush and generally play with.

These coolers are filled with a water glycol mix to reduce the chance of corrosion from the copper/aluminum construction.

I have used rather cheap coolers like the Hyper 212 from CoolerMaster on a 955BE without issues and it was MUCH less noisy. If that fits, it may be a cheaper option for you.

Solution

wigiboy

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

cant find 212 here in the philippines.. my options is

deepcool tigershark

deepcool iceberg pro

antec khuler self

coolermaster gemin ii

deepcool neptwin

there are only 2 shops near me, the other ones are like 2 to 3 hours away..

can you choose one?

wigiboy

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

can you choose one?

deepcool tigershark

deepcool iceberg pro

antec khuler self

coolermaster gemin ii

deepcool neptwin

there are only 2 shops near me, the other ones are like 2 to 3 hours away..

cant find cm 212..

wigiboy

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

yep, i have an antec 902 pc case with a modded side panel, i remived the 120mm side fan..

can you choose a good cooler? thanks..

Deepcool Tiger Shark - no review found

Deepcool Iceberg Pro - no review found

Antec Kuhler Shelf - no review (unless you can find one)

Coolermaster Gemini II - http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2660 Rating - 78%

Deepcool Neptwin - http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2713 - Rating - 86%

So of those, hardly any have been reviewed by Frosty Tech so its hard to compare them

All I can see is the Deepcool Netwin is better than the Coolermaster Gemini II

And the Netwin is a bit better than the Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo - http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2655

So, I'd go with the Deepcool Netwin