Question self shutdown

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
my PC is self sutti g down, after about 30 seconds, i changed back my MB to better case and turned on, it was running, then first time i was like oh, maybe i pressed wrong button, but then second time was nothing only waiting for boot up, and then shutdown. I have chcecked the standofff screw if no of them is sorting something with MB, but all standoffs were installed correctly, tried cmos reset, nothing, help please

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What all was taken apart when you moved the MB to the new case? Did you, for example, pull the CPU cooler and/or the CPU. New thermal paste?

Any troubleshooting beeps from the motherboard? Any lit LED's? (Refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual - Troubleshooting sections. Should provide some indication of what may be wrong.)

Reopen the case and check that all connections, card seatings, RAM, jumpers, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Look for other possible shorts - e.g., some metal to metal touching around ports or components.

Not just the stand-offs.

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

What all was taken apart when you moved the MB to the new case? Did you, for example, pull the CPU cooler and/or the CPU. New thermal paste?

Any troubleshooting beeps from the motherboard? Any lit LED's? (Refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual - Troubleshooting sections. Should provide some indication of what may be wrong.)

Reopen the case and check that all connections, card seatings, RAM, jumpers, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Look for other possible shorts - e.g., some metal to metal touching around ports or components.

Not just the stand-offs.
i have just taken out the MB and turn it on in my hands, found safe place whwre to put fingers to hold MB above the case and without cpu cooler, there is some weird noise goin on, its buzzing and when it buzz for 1 sec it tourn off the pc, and its from upper part where cpu is located, matbe vrm's

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

Not just the stand-offs.
so there are no shorts, just mb is probbably f up

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

Not just the stand-offs.
the os is win 10 pro, just reinstalled psu to new case, reinstalled mb and there it is,
hw is 8gb ddr3 ram
fx 4300 3.8GHz
600w 80%+ fsp hyper 600
and idk the mb becaise i bought it used so its msi but dont know more about it

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

Not just the stand-offs.
you can check this link, i uploaded video on YT so you can hear the sound:

View: https://youtu.be/BXLd7XfZO1o

Ralston18

Titan
Used motherboard - source?

Are you sure that the motherboard was working when you purchased it?

You will need to look on the MSI motherboard to find the model number, etc.. Then use that information to go to MSI's website to find the User Guide/Manual.

Read the User Guide/Manual to ensure that you did indeed correctly reassemble and properly reconnected every thing.

And look at the PSU's installation just on its own - verify that it is correctly installed to the case and that all of the power connections are correctly plugged into the motherboard per the motherboard's installation instructions.

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Used motherboard - source?

Are you sure that the motherboard was working when you purchased it?

You will need to look on the MSI motherboard to find the model number, etc.. Then use that information to go to MSI's website to find the User Guide/Manual.

Read the User Guide/Manual to ensure that you did indeed correctly reassemble and properly reconnected every thing.

And look at the PSU's installation just on its own - verify that it is correctly installed to the case and that all of the power connections are correctly plugged into the motherboard per the motherboard's installation instructions.
it is my daily driver mb but now there is this problem

Ralston18

Titan
Agree: there is a problem.

However, you must slow down and make an effort to identify the problem before doing anything else.

Otherwise you may make things worse and likely unrecoverable.

Stop working on the motherboard and case.

Get the User Guide/Manual for both case and motherboard. Read carefully.

Then, again, check everything to ensure that it is correctly in place and/or connected.

If you find something wrong do not change it. Make the appropriate notes and finish the check.

There may be something else wrong and you will end up in a troubleshooting loop.

Cleanup your work area, reorganize tools, lightning, and documents to make it easy to work and not be struggling to hold things either in place or out of the way.

Take your time, be methodical, and go step-by-step.

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

However, you must slow down and make an effort to identify the problem before doing anything else.

Then, again, check everything to ensure that it is correctly in place and/or connected.

If you find something wrong do not change it. Make the appropriate notes and finish the check.

There may be something else wrong and you will end up in a troubleshooting loop.

Cleanup your work area, reorganize tools, lightning, and documents to make it easy to work and not be struggling to hold things either in place or out of the way.

now it is running, i reconected the cables from front panel and nothing yet, runni g 2 mins

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

if you check my yt i post video, its running

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

copy laste this:
Hypermaník SK

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

here is new video:
View: https://youtu.be/7IQu8zTY-Tc