[SOLVED] Sell 2070 Xtreme for 5700xt???

Nick Verbeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2014
Members

Is it worth to Sell my rtx 2070 Aorus Xtreme for the upcoming Aorus 5700XT.?

My setup is:
X470 Gigabyte ultra gaming mobo
Ryzen 2700x
16 gb gskill
2070 Aorus xtreme
Coolermaster 750 psu
Coolermaster case
Coolermaster Liquid ML240 cooling
Msi 27inch CQR 1440p monitor

Solution
Not really. You would gain a little FPS, but probably not worth the cost/effort.

Only consider it if there is a particular game that you know will run better on AMD and you play it a lot. Or if you are borderline getting 60FPS. Wouldn't be too bad if you can sell the 2070 for a reasonable price.

Otherwise, hold out for big silicon from AMD (Assuming they even have plans for that, haven't been paying much attention myself) or consider buying a RTX2080Ti now.

Or wait for Nvidia to jump on the process node shrink that AMD has taken with TSMC. Should make for an enormous capacity improvement per square millimeter. Be interesting to see what Turing or its predecessor can do.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not really. You would gain a little FPS, but probably not worth the cost/effort.

Only consider it if there is a particular game that you know will run better on AMD and you play it a lot. Or if you are borderline getting 60FPS. Wouldn't be too bad if you can sell the 2070 for a reasonable price.

Otherwise, hold out for big silicon from AMD (Assuming they even have plans for that, haven't been paying much attention myself) or consider buying a RTX2080Ti now.

Or wait for Nvidia to jump on the process node shrink that AMD has taken with TSMC. Should make for an enormous capacity improvement per square millimeter. Be interesting to see what Turing or its predecessor can do.

Reactions: Nick Verbeek
Solution