[SOLVED] Sell current pc and build new or upgrade?

Jan 28, 2019
So, the current pc i have is a prebuilt ibuypower with an I7 6700 non k with an MSI GTX 1070 OC, 8gb of ram. all of my friends are getting upgrades and it’s really tempting me. i bought my current pc two years back but it is still going very strong and i still couldn’t be happier. just like one side of me says that i should just wait for another year or two then maybe completely build a new one and then i started thinking maybe i should just upgrade. but my friend also suggested to sell it to build a new pc. i already have enough money to build a new one, i’m a teen so i don’t have that much money but i have enough to build a pretty hefty computer. it’s just tempting me but i don’t know if it’s worth to go through the process of selling it because i don’t know how long it would take for me to sell it. i just need a second opinion what i should do. if you suggest i sell it what websites would you recommend selling it on?

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Save the cash, what you have will work fine. Car fund, car repair fund, date nights, etc. Or just put it off to the side in a savings account or CD that earn you some proper interest till you need to rebuild your computer.

You can maybe upgrade your peripherals?

The 6700k 1070 combo can run a 1080p 144hz. If your monitor is 1080p 60hz, think on upgrading to a 144hz panel.

Mechanical keyboards? What about sound system? You got surround sound? Or you use headphones most of the time?

I would suggest you to wait for the ryzen 3000 series before deciding on a cpu upgrade. The 1070 is still a good 1080p 144hz card. You can carry over to your upgrade.

Jan 28, 2019

I've already upgraded all my peripherals, I have a K70 Rapidfire, logitech g433, g403, and g502. I also already have an SSD
I was thinking about a 144hz monitor but I'm not too sure if I'm gonna have enough space on my desk. But my birthday is coming up in about a month so maybe i could upgrade my monitor. But I was also thinking about waiting for the new 3000 series ryzen.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Save the cash, what you have will work fine. Car fund, car repair fund, date nights, etc. Or just put it off to the side in a savings account or CD that earn you some proper interest till you need to rebuild your computer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS