Selling beat up Lenovo P580 for parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmaggot

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
I have no idea what to sell it for, but the laptop has been through so much, it is a total mess. I have ripped it apart many times (some asshole broke one of the hinges) trying to fix it, but finally gave up as having a broken hinge broke many other parts which I discovered when I took it apart. I decided to disconnect the webcam wire while I was doing it, I was a bit paranoid of having a built in webcam on my laptop, and about 6 months later, the connector had fallen off that plugs into the laptop's webcam, and it caught on fire. The LCD monitor flickered 3 or 4 times, and I shut it off. I turned it on about 10 minutes later, and the same thing happened.
I tried to remove the wire from the bundle and tape it, and now it is just a total mess and won't turn on.

I want to sell the i7-3520m processor, the motherboard with the nivideo GT630m, 16GB of ram and the ac power cable. The rest of the laptop isn't in good condition except the keyboard. It has not been subjected to overheating and has been taken good care of except the incident when an asshole broke my hinge.

Any estimates? Would anyone want to buy it? I'm going to put the money towards a new laptop. Probably will sell it on ebay.

Not going to get much if any. your better luck would be to check on Ebay and see what similar parts are going for. The BIGGEST problem is, laptops are NOT 'part swappable', so for example I may have a ATI card in my laptop and I want the 630m instead, well my laptop may not be able to even support that card, much less actually FIT IT inside. So I would look at seeing if anyone with Lenovo laptops wants the internal parts only. Maybe $100 ? Since it is 'used' and there is risk on the buyer it may die in a couple months, rather then (like you are) just 'save and buy' a new one under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.