[SOLVED] Selling my cpu?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So, I started streaming and suddenly hyper-threading is a lot more important than I thought it was. I have an intel core i5-9600k, and I think if I sell it I could purchase an intel core i7-9700k, even an i7-9700 would be an upgrade. I’m just asking if anyone would buy it, I have only had the build for a couple of months and I haven’t overclocked the cpu. I kept the original packaging, I didn’t even remove the sticker that is “intel core i5 inside 9th gen”. I looked on eBay and people are selling them for $200-$240, but is that right? Also, idk what was going through my head, but I threw away the little cardboard thing that the cpu was packed in, and if I put it in the box without it would it damage the cpu? I know they are fragile, or would it be safer to ship it inside the motherboard (I also kept the motherboards original packaging). I know you shouldn’t buy used pc parts, but I was just asking because it was either sell it and get an i7, or deal with an i5 and no hyper-threading.

Solution
That’s a relief
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8gb
RAM: 16gb 3200mhz

Idk why you need specs other than my motherboard, but here’s what I though are important and I know of the top of my head

No-one is perfect and there could have been underlying problems might'n be aware of, well you weren't aware that 9th gen i7's are without HT so was just checking there wasn't anything else. If you went with an i9 for Hyperthreading, would need a quality board like the one you have. You could have had a lower end 300 series motherboard that would have potential vrm issues running a power hungry processor.

Also if went with an i9 would want atleast a quality 600w psu. Full load at stock turbo speeds 9900k can...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Anti static bag and bubble rap carefully packed in a box. Pay attention to detail and do a good package job.

See the classifieds section and read the rules if you'd like to advertise your cpu here.

Whats the rest of your specs? Fyi, 9700/9700k doesn't have HT, only i9 9900/9900k does.

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Anti static bag and bubble rap carefully packed in a box. Pay attention to detail and do a good package job.

See the classifieds section and read the rules if you'd like to advertise your cpu here.

Whats the rest of your specs? Fyi, 9700/9700k doesn't have HT, only i9 9900/9900k does.
That’s a relief

Idk why you need specs other than my motherboard, but here’s what I though are important and I know of the top of my head

boju

Titan
Ambassador
That’s a relief

No-one is perfect and there could have been underlying problems might'n be aware of, well you weren't aware that 9th gen i7's are without HT so was just checking there wasn't anything else. If you went with an i9 for Hyperthreading, would need a quality board like the one you have. You could have had a lower end 300 series motherboard that would have potential vrm issues running a power hungry processor.

Also if went with an i9 would want atleast a quality 600w psu. Full load at stock turbo speeds 9900k can easily exceed 200w + your graphics card and everything else can consume quite a bit of power. Will also want excellent air flow and cooling.

Solution

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019

Also if went with an i9 would want atleast a quality 600w psu. Full load at stock turbo speeds 9900k can easily exceed 200w + your graphics card and everything else can consume quite a bit of power. Will also want excellent air flow and cooling.
Thanks! I have a 750w gold+ from cooler master, so I’m good! Thanks for that.