Selling my PC to a friend and was wondering what a fair price would be?

Nov 2, 2018
Built nearly 4 years ago for around £650, definitely mid-range even at the time. Specs include an i5 4440, GTX 960, 12GB RAM, 1TB HD (no SSD), 550w PSU and it's a fractal design case.

I have absolutely no idea what this would be worth now, and wanted to give my friend a reasonable price. His planned build would cost him £600 now, so he could save quite a lot and we would both be better off. Thanks!

In order to venture a guess at that we'd need to know the EXACT model numbers and brands of the power supply, motherboard, memory (How many DIMMs as well) and case model. Graphics card brand would be nice to know as well. There are major differences of value between brands and especially between different models.

Nov 2, 2018

Right, sorry. The 960 is MSI and it's 2GB. Power supply is Corsair CX550m. RAM is HyperX HX318C10FB (1=8GB, 1=4GB). The Mobo I'm afraid I'm not sure, it's an ASUS mATX board but don't know the model, sorry. I seem to remember it was on the cheaper side.

My guess would be somewhere in the neighborhood of £300-350. But condition, cleanliness, whether the OS goes with it and you do not plan to use that license key on another system (Which would then invalidate THAT installation on the system you sold) and some other various factors could affect that value for better or worse.

Possibly a bit less than that as you can currently getting a much better performing Ryzen platform for around £350-450.

Nov 2, 2018

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help!