[SOLVED] Selling PC How much is reasonable

Aug 20, 2019
Hello i want to sell my old pc and i would like to know what you think is a reasonable price for this rig.
Components:
CPU I7-4770K
GPU 980 TI MSI 6GB
RAM 16GB DDR3 Lower frequency because its old ram
1 Samsung 500GB SSD
1 Samsung 240GB SSD
1 Samsung 1TB HDD
Mainboard Z-97K
the GPU Used to be a gtx770 but i upgraded it like 4years ago.
Nothing has ever been overclocked.
PSU is 630W Berlin
Some Random cheap fans that do the job

thanks in advance :)

Solution
Selling it locally would be the easiest route to go. Still a very viable system for 1080p or even 1440p for a lot of users.

If you wanted to part it out, I'd expect somewhere in the $200-$250 range for the CPU/MB/RAM combo. and somewhere in the $160-$230 range for the 980TI.

GPU, Case & Fans probably aren't worth much. Used storage isn't particularly valuable either. Say $100 for everything else.

So, on the upper end, maybe $600 is what it's "worth" in the market. More realistically, closer to $500.
That doesn't mean you can't get more though.... I'd probably ask around $700-$750, knowing you'd get offers - but don't be surprised if you don't get any/many bites at that pricepoint.

Of course, this depends on...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Selling it locally would be the easiest route to go. Still a very viable system for 1080p or even 1440p for a lot of users.

If you wanted to part it out, I'd expect somewhere in the $200-$250 range for the CPU/MB/RAM combo. and somewhere in the $160-$230 range for the 980TI.

GPU, Case & Fans probably aren't worth much. Used storage isn't particularly valuable either. Say $100 for everything else.

So, on the upper end, maybe $600 is what it's "worth" in the market. More realistically, closer to $500.
That doesn't mean you can't get more though.... I'd probably ask around $700-$750, knowing you'd get offers - but don't be surprised if you don't get any/many bites at that pricepoint.

Of course, this depends on regional markets/availability. Might be worth a little more/little less in an area with lots of potential buyers. somewhere more rural, to move it locally will limit your options.

You could part it out on eBay and open up to a worldwide market.... but don't forget about fees & shipping.

Solution