[SOLVED] "Semi" Budget pc any recommendations?

Deathjohn00

Commendable
May 10, 2017
Alright so income tax is rolling around and i'm ready to build a new pc to hold me over for a year or two years.

My current pc is a fx 8320 with a r9 280x (My current pc) so its not that well with the games i play.
I want to be able to play games at max with 60 fps or low with 144 hz monitors. I also would like the rtx for the games releasing with that technology like atomic hearts. I dont care for fps WITH RTX enabled because im using to running games a 24-50 fps on High-max with my current pc. I am ok with not having rtx if your argument is compelling enough to downgrade (or upgrade)
I want this pc to hold me off for 1-2 years before i buy my forever pc later in life when I get my lump sum. After I get my 3000 dollar pc i will send this pc to my girlfriend so it's not going to waste. :)

Here is the pc im upgrading to at income tax

I've looked through all the parts and will give my explanation to why I choose these parts.

Cpu: I choose the 9600k because its 5% faster than the 8600k with the same cost. The 9th generation cpu comes with the chip soldered together so the thermals should improve over the 8600k. I wanted a pc capable enough to run single core only old games and games like ark and rust. (open world games)

Ram: Its just ram. 3200 is the speed where anything more doesn't make a huge enough difference in fps. I choose 3000 because the speeds between both in games are negligible.

cpu cooler: I wanted to try out an aio for the first time so the h55 seemed like (with he decent reviews and price) a decent choice. Though i'm not too experienced in this so maybe I could get better without breaking the bank?

storage: I already have a ssd with some hard drive space but I could use more hdd but anyways I wanted a m.2 because i've heard its much faster than the current ssd i have (you can see in the parts list above).

Motherboard: I didn't put too much research in this because I still dont understand the intel naming scheme enough to fully pick one but this motherboard was recommended by a few people. They said z390 doesnt need a previous generation cpu to setup (I dont have one) so I thought this motherboard being one of the cheaper options would be sufficient for me. If anyone has a better option (cheaper please) without sacrificing allot of the sata connections or the m.2 I would be very happy. Also the motherboard has to be able to just slap the cpu in and work without needing another cpu. Unless someone wants to send me one. XD

Case: I already own this so i'm just swapping it in.

Psu: I already own this so i'm just swapping it in.

Graphics card: I choose the rtx 2060 (despite hearing micron chips are degrading at an alarming rate) because I wanted a much faster card for the eye candy graphics in single player titles, and enough fps to run my games with low response time for my mouse. I want to play games like Ark, Rust, Crossfire, Anthem, The Division 2, Paladins, Overwatch, etc. Any game you could name I probably want to play it. I have a preference for open world games but I want graphics on those open worlds games too. I'm tired of 25 fps in rust and dieing to people because their pc doesnt lag.

What do you guys think? Is this list put together well or did I make some mistakes? I'm really happy with how much time i've spent refining my craft in building pcs and am done just buying the cheapest all the time. For anyone curious of the pc im going to spend 3000 dollars on its here. Its overkill because I want To not buy a pc again for 10 years (hopefully). If you have extra time is there anything I could make better on this overkill pc? Please separate the pc i want now and this one please. :)

Thanks to anyone who helps out. I don't want to mess anything up and I will be sure to take all your advise and treat you with the upmost respect when you tell me i suck and all these parts are terrible.

Solution
The only things to consider in my opinion are these. The i5 is better for today. However, we are starting to see more games actually beginning to use more cores. So in that regard, I prefer the 2700x in this case. I have a 1700x paired with a Vega 56 myself and it could use a little more cpu power (I'm at stock speed), but it does pretty well.

Zen 2 will come out in about 4-5 months I think which will be a lot more competitive to Intel according to the leaks that have been coming out. That said, you can get the 2700x now, then in a year or so, you'll probably be able to drop a zen 2 or zen 3 into that board. Try that with Intel. The zen 2 CPUs are rumored to be closer to 5ghz. So if that is true, things should get really...
Note, not all m.2 ssds are the same. Some use the sata interface and peform like a normal 2.5 inch ssd. The more expensive faster m.2 drives use nvme pcie and are much faster than sata ssd.
Also, new amd ryzen cpus also pose a very good value currently. You could pick up a ryzen 7 2700 or ryzen 5 2600 system that would perform simmilarly if not better for an appealing price.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - M9 Plus 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($76.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - XPG GAMMIX S11 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($92.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card ($329.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake - Overseer RX-I ATX Full Tower Case (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $849.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-03 21:13 EST-0500

Deathjohn00

Commendable
May 10, 2017

I can only reply to one guy so ill put it as the last guy. I really appreciate the help posted. I will look into pcie m.2 ssds and make sure not to grab a sata one. I have considered the ryzen cpus as a legitimate offer but crossfire (a military shooter game not the amd dual gpu setting) that only uses a single core runs terrible on my 8 core fx 8320 as of right now. I really dont want to lose my performance bfor games that need those powerful cores. Considering how important the processor is; one more time to any of you what seems the obvious choice. Amd or intel? I was going to use the z390 board for my 3000 dollar pc aswell with my ram but if I go ryzen i could save money. Though saving money for my 3000 dollar pc isnt a problem and I can go ryzen if its necessary.

The pc "assassin32" provided is a compelling offer but as seen here R5 2600 vs i9 9600k the 9600k is 25% faster on most of the bench marks, so I subbed out the 2600 for the 2700x.

I already have a hyper 212 evo cpu cooler on my current processor. I could use that for my new pc. Is that good enough or should I use this?
CRYORIG - M9 Plus 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler

Here are the two new pcs I've revised. Which one would be the better choice. Is the better intel cpu worth it? Or is the fps increase negligible.

Intel: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/G6qZ7W

Amd: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3WzV9J

I'm not looking to save money with amd so I bumped up the processor to a 2700x. With these two builds, what would you buy if you were looking to play huge open worlds games, rtx gaming, and streaming? (not streaming rtx)

The only things to consider in my opinion are these. The i5 is better for today. However, we are starting to see more games actually beginning to use more cores. So in that regard, I prefer the 2700x in this case. I have a 1700x paired with a Vega 56 myself and it could use a little more cpu power (I'm at stock speed), but it does pretty well.

Zen 2 will come out in about 4-5 months I think which will be a lot more competitive to Intel according to the leaks that have been coming out. That said, you can get the 2700x now, then in a year or so, you'll probably be able to drop a zen 2 or zen 3 into that board. Try that with Intel. The zen 2 CPUs are rumored to be closer to 5ghz. So if that is true, things should get really interesting pretty quickly.

Solution

Deathjohn00

Commendable
May 10, 2017

Alright I'm still going to try to buy the berst of the best three years later no matter if its amd or intel but for right now if I can afford the intel i'll buy it. If I can;t i'll but the amd one. Thanks for the recommendations all!