Question Send file from PC to Lenovo Chromebook Wifi BT etc

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
I want to send two large files from my PC to my Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 2-in-1 Chromebook 10.1" MTK/4/128 GB.. I need to know if this is even supposed to be possible before I go mad trying. I really want to hear from someone who has used one of these. So far I have surmise and suggestions thta I try most of the things that I have already tried.
**I have successfully tried this with a few other tablets and phones. I do not want to use the cloud etc. AFAIK they all require internet. I am sending this file "from myself to myself". That would need 2GB of transfer, and I can't afford that. other tablets and phones did not require that option.
** The tablet can use the internet perfectly
** All of the devices are on the same connection in my router: the 2.4 GB one of 2 choices, the other being the 5GB.
**I have tried USB, but all I can achieve from my PC to the Lenovo is charging. If I tap the popup when I plug in, there is no option to choose data. I can find no setting to change to data.
**I have tried a couple of WiFi file transfer apps. None of them can connect to the tablet. "Site cannot be reached ....responded too slowly" The tablet reports a
URL that does not match what shows in its own WiFi settings. In its settings it shows 192.168.1.104. When I use the transfer app on the tablet, I am told to enter 100.115.92.14:1234. It does not allow connection. AFAIK it's a different network.
**I have tried bluetooth. The tablet seems to detect no other device, nor to be
visible them.
**Occasionally and unpredictably, the tablet reports a completely different name and ID and even apparently phone name.

Any help appreciated

Last edited:

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
usb flash drive?

Can you get USB flash drives with micro usb output? I am loathe to go hunting for one anyway. I need those files ASAP and if the Lenovo won't take data by USB it might just be a waste of time anyway.
I really need someone who has one to tell whether this thing will do any of what I have tried or if I am just wasting my time.