Jan 27, 2022
Hi,

Is it possible for me to send my WIFI to my friend? His WIFI is terrible and it takes hours for him to download even small games. Can I somehow send wifi to him or download games for him from my WIFI or even send games without him using his WIFI?

Thanks,
ExplosiveGeek

Solution
Are you downloading STEAM games? If you have the same game, you can probably copy the steam library files for that game onto an external hard drive and give it to them to copy to their computer.

If he lives out in the middle of nowhere, but are middle class or higher, tell his parents to sign up for STARLINK. This is not a cheap option, $500 for the kit and $99 per month for internet. But it's awesome internet for people that may be on Hughesnet or country DSL(3mbps) currently.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

Is it possible for me to send my WIFI to my friend? His WIFI is terrible and it takes hours for him to download even small games. Can I somehow send wifi to him or download games for him from my WIFI or even send games without him using his WIFI?

Thanks,
ExplosiveGeek
Is your friend near you? Simplest thing would be your friend bringing their PC to your location. Everything beyond that gets complicated.

Hi,

Thanks,
ExplosiveGeek
Would it not be possible for you to copy the games onto a usb stick and carry it over to his house?

That might be the best way to do it but the usb stick would have to be big
How much stuff are you talking about? There are plenty of usbs that are 256GB and priced reasonably, at least here in the U.S. The time it would take to copy a huge amount of stuff onto a usb is another matter. You'll need a budget for both time and money. Alternately you could just get an inexpensive ssd and a usb to ssd connecting cable and use that for transferring huge amounts of data. Might be faster as well.

Last edited:
Are you downloading STEAM games? If you have the same game, you can probably copy the steam library files for that game onto an external hard drive and give it to them to copy to their computer.

If he lives out in the middle of nowhere, but are middle class or higher, tell his parents to sign up for STARLINK. This is not a cheap option, $500 for the kit and $99 per month for internet. But it's awesome internet for people that may be on Hughesnet or country DSL(3mbps) currently.

Solution