Question Sending a graphics card overseas - does it have battery on it? Customs charges?

Componentgirl90

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2015
i want to send a graphics card to my friend overseas who lives 6000 miles away.

However, the courier details that you cannot send anything with any form of battery and it will be scanned. I know motherboards have CMOS batteries but what about graphics cards? Will they reject this?

Will customs levy a charge?

A graphic card is fully ok for transport regarding it to have a battery in any form.

Declaring an oversea shipment as a gift does not always make the shipment to be 100% free of custom and tax. There are value limit of the gift, etc. etc. here where I live.
Regulation varies depending on the countries and/or states of both origin an destination of the shipment. It is better to ask correctly.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
No there's no battery, and on the other subject, customs tax and tariff rates vary by country. Your friend too, might have to pay custom/tax to be able to release and receive the "gift" on the other end. I'm saying this because custom duties are so high in some countries that actually or nearly match the price of the item. So it's like paying twice for the same thing.

In some cases the item would be exempt from taxation if it is established as 'used' and not brand new and based on the type and value of the item in the destination.

Best choice as mentioned before is to check with the company that's going to ship the card or customs authority on both ends.