Question sending CDs to family

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
Using Windows 11 I want to send CDs and DVDs to my family.. I tried uploading to One drive but the first file kept playing over and over and it never got to the second third or many others.
Obviously I'm not very techie so I'm asking if you could please suggest a way I could use either Poweriso One drive Google Drive YouTube or some way that's very easy to send a lot of CD's and DVD's to my family?

PDN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2019
These are home movies, but I don't know about format etc. Am willing to learn. When I played the files with Win 11 they played consecutively but in OneDrive only the first played.

I'm asking if you could please suggest a way I could use either Poweriso One drive Google Drive YouTube or some way that's very easy to send a lot of CD's and DVD's to my family?
What is your internet connection bandwidth (up/down) ?
If you have something like DSL, then upload of one CD (700MB) will take you ~2h.

Can't you send your CDs, DVDs by regular mail (postal services) instead ?

My son is showing me how to use YouTube . My band width s 600 up and 18 down=ample.
Mailing would have been an option. Thanks anyway.

You can't put copywrited material on YouTube, any movies you try to upload there will be removed, and there are cases where people were sued for copywrite infringement for sharing movies and music. If these are your own recorded videos from home movies that is not an issue.

Mailing the disks is the way to share it without the hassle of illegal sharing.

If you are trying to put the movies on your cloud storage, they would be in individual files, so once one is played, you need to exit that movie and start another one with the media player being used.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
putting the data onto one drive is easy even if it is a dvd format. sounds like you are trying to stream it from one drive once it is there.

your family does not need to stream it from one drive, but rather to download it to their own pc and play it from there.

so if the files are all on one drive, then that should be good enough for them to get it. youtube would work if you want them to be able to stream the movies from the web and not have to store it locally to watch it. kind of like the difference between watching ti on netflix vs buying the dvd itself. with netflix you never have a physical copy of it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the second thing i noticed is you said from your pc they played one after the other. but from one drive only the first played.

this is called a playlist. your pc created one when you selected all the files. but it would seem this is beyond what one drive can do since it is not really designed as a media player but rather a storage service. so that is likely the reason for that little piece of the puzzle

TRENDING THREADS