Sennheiser Game One Problem

Br0nx_

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, and i tried to connect the Sennheiser Game One headphones to the laptop. One problem: there is only one audio jack for the headphones and no jack for the mic. I NEED to be able to use the mic. I bought a usb converter, but it does not work. I had the same issue on my other laptop: mic would not function. Windows does not recognize that the mic in plugged. Anyways, I was wondering if there is something I can do to fix this. I am willing to buy a USB converter if you guys think it might work, thanks :)

Solution
If it does not work then few things, either the 4 pole connection in the laptop is different from the adapter, there are two types, or the adapter is bad. Does the headset part work OK just the mic does not work? Or nothing works? If nothing works, make sure you have the right cord in the right part of the adapter and not backwards.
You need a 3 pole to 4 pole cable adapter like this, can find it almost in any store that sells electronics or online.

k2-_47e44012-5019-4db1-ad16-89d8674bf1fb.v1.jpg

If it does not work then few things, either the 4 pole connection in the laptop is different from the adapter, there are two types, or the adapter is bad. Does the headset part work OK just the mic does not work? Or nothing works? If nothing works, make sure you have the right cord in the right part of the adapter and not backwards.

Solution