Sennheiser Game One with GSX 1000 or just headset?

farhansupaturk

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Hi, should I get just the Game One or get with Sennheiser GSX 1000. I'll be using it for Gaming mostly. And I want it for FPS games mostly to hear directional sounds and positions of people.

Sennheiser Game One: SGD 269
Sennheiser GSX 1000: SGD 399

Both: SGD 489.

Recommend please. Thank you.

Solution
yes. i can trck footsteps to the point where i was called out for wallhacking.... but no i was tracking footsteps left and right.

farhansupaturk

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

I'm quite fickle-minded and I dont know which to get. If say I use mainly for FPS gaming, which would you recommend?

farhansupaturk

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Oh but the sales person said I can get the gsx for surround. So it's actually not a need is it? I can still hear footsteps with just stereo?

ARICH5

Distinguished
you have a ear...one on the left and one on the right side of your head.
immersive bass and high tweaters is fantastic and you can hear that zing-zoop all over...but in the end you have stereo sound.

i play cs:go and counterstrike source. i just need left and right.

farhansupaturk

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Okay so stereo is just fine right? Then I think I'll just get the headset if stereo is enough for me to hear footsteps on CS:Go and Pubg

ssoussana

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Unfortunately, the answers you received were only half right. I too own the Sennheiser Game Ones, and they REQUIRE an amplifier to be effective at all. Onboard motherboard amp / dac is garbage, and the sound quality itself will suffer unless you purchase an amp that can drive these headphones the way they were made to. I will tell you for sure if you bought these and are just connecting them up to your motherboard, you are in for a huge surprise when you finally get an amp. The GSX 1000 is supposed to be pretty good when paired up with the Game Ones, I personally use the Astro Mixamp Pro TR and it works great with mine, and its night and day difference to my onboard sound card. The resistance of these headphones is much higher than your standard cheap gaming headphones, which is why the amp is required for these to really do well.
As for the positional audio and actually producing the virtual 7.1, I dont have first hand experience of the GSX to provide you with a clear answer on it, but what youtube video reviews are saying is that its decent to good for this as well.

D

Deleted member 217926

^ Yep, By all accounts the Game One is very good for both gaming and music but it needs an amp/DAC.

I'd also disagree with the other part of what was said above. I have an Asus Xonar STX and while the 2 channel HiFi mode is amazing for music there is a huge difference using the 7.1 channel Dolby headphone virtualizer Gaming Mode for positional audio in games. It really helps.

farhansupaturk

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Hi, currently I'm using an Aorus z370 Gaming 7 and many said the soundcard that's inbuilt with it is already very good so I didnt buy any other soundcard.

farhansupaturk

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Ya they have a Smart Headphone AMP. It auto detects the headphone amps. And yes i get plenty of volume. When I turn the lowest volume on my Game One, I can still hear music / sound clearly as if its a normal listening volume. So I usually use that lowest volume for daily basis unless I'm gaming so I'd turn it louder.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#kf