sennheiser headset causing problems

Huwbob5

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
I recently got the sennheiser 373d for my computer. Fairly often when I finish watching something or try to play a game my system lags including my cursor, keyboard lights etc.. this problem goes away when I play sound again. Also if I dont start playing something soon enough I lose audio even though it shows audio playing on the volume mixer.

Things I've tried; triple checked user guides to make sure i have the right software and configured it correctly, disabled other devices incase they were causing interference, I even did a clean install of windows and drivers intentionally leaving out audio drivers that weren't needed incase they were causing the interference, changed the usb it was connected to (including going from 3.0 to 2.0)

any new ideas or a fix to the problem would be great thanks.

Huwbob5

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
After updating the firmware i still have the same issues, for some reason the problem is solved when i swap the main audio (speakers) to the default commincation device and the comms audio (headset earphone) to the deault device which is the opposite to the set up shown in the user guide. whether this stops the headset from being true 7.1 though i am unsure