Sensitive Multimeter needed for project

jkoster941

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Does anyone know of a reliable multi meter whose voltmeter function can read single digit milliVolts (mV) accurately? Some multi meters I see online have a range setting that says 200mV, which I would assume means it can read mVs up to two hundred on the lowest setting, but I want to be sure I am interpreting that correctly. Thank you.

Here is the link to the multimeter I mentioned above. It seems to be a cheap one but I just want to get an idea for the sensitivity specs.

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-MSR-R500-Multimeters-Electronic-Multimeter/dp/B01N9QW620/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1517377049&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=voltmeter&psc=1

Solution
Yes you are interpreting the setting properly. At 200 mV setting meter will read between 0-200 mV. If reliability and accuracy is a question here my 2 cents. I have used the radio shack multi meters with auto sense for years with good success but they are around $80 if I remember correctly.

asven1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Yes you are interpreting the setting properly. At 200 mV setting meter will read between 0-200 mV. If reliability and accuracy is a question here my 2 cents. I have used the radio shack multi meters with auto sense for years with good success but they are around $80 if I remember correctly.

Solution