sent to odd link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirrtix

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
I was trying to goto www.breitbart.com, when I got sent to an odd address...

(WARNING MIGHT BE A VIRUS!!)
EDIT - Moderator redacted

it had the most obnoxious alarmish noise. and said that I was infected with trojan this and that. What was off was that while the site claimed to be owned by Norton, it obviously is not a Norton domain. I cannot find the exact site that I went to that caused this other than going to the exact reroot site.

If it is important I use Chrome as my browser.

Solution
You should be fine, if you did a deep scan with malwarebytes then your system is nearly guaranteed clean. Malwarebytes is one of the best antivirus's i've used.

Deehomes

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
When in doubt just run some virus scans. I've personally never heard of that site.

**i opened it in a virtual machine, seems like its an advertisement to convince people into buying norton, I wouldn't worry about it.

nirrtix

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Well I guess I am not supposed to link that site sorry. I wanted to be through, but warn anyone as this forum is about viruses. The page would not let me do anything not even close chrome by clicking "X" on the top right I had to ctrl-alt-delete close from system tray. the noise was loud and obnoxious. But Norton usually blocks pages not do that...

nirrtix

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
it came clean but i worry it is one of those sneaky viruses... ran norton and malware bytes.... I have had sneaky viruses before... had to wipe the whole machine...

sorry it took so long to respond had to go to work just got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.