[SOLVED] Separate monitor displays with tv displays

LudinK

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014
I ordered an oled tv to play on and I’ll be connecting it to my pc build. I currently have two monitors connected at all times. I will always have the tv connected as well but I don’t want it always displaying on the tv. Is it possible to have my pc switch between displaying on just the two monitors or just the tv without constantly playing in the display settings everytime I want to switch between tv or monitors?

Solution
The best solution would be to connect the two monitors with the iGPU and the TV with the GPU, if you want to do anything demanding on the monitors/iGPU you can still route any app to use the GPU through display settings but you will have to do it for every app.
If your mobo only has one out and you want the two monitors to have individual things on it(extended) you would have to do it the other way around and tell every game to use the GPU and not the iGPU.

Ralston18

Titan
Depending on the video connections (HDMI, DVI. VGA, DP) you could use a physical switch of some sort.

One output from the computer into the switch and the switch being used to determine the end destination that being the two monitors or the single oled TV.

Sketch out the necessary connections and cables. Pay attention for plugs, ports, and genders.

Then google for a matching switch (KVM) where you simply flip a switch to choose the desired display path.

The best solution would be to connect the two monitors with the iGPU and the TV with the GPU, if you want to do anything demanding on the monitors/iGPU you can still route any app to use the GPU through display settings but you will have to do it for every app.
If your mobo only has one out and you want the two monitors to have individual things on it(extended) you would have to do it the other way around and tell every game to use the GPU and not the iGPU.

Solution