[SOLVED] Serial ATA Controller Issue - MSI x570 MPG Gaming Edge Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameFan

Reputable
Jul 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

I hope somebody could help me shed some light on an annoying issue I currently have.

After a recent bios update (that or recent win 10 update) I have lost 4 of my SATA ports with only two others functional. The HDDs connected to the non functional SATA ports are detected in the bios.

On further inspection in device manager (please see attached link), the drivers are not installed for the SATA controllers. However, whenever I attempt to update and/or reinstall the driver the following error occurs - "AMD Virtualized AHCI Controller for StoreMI DEV_7901". I cannot seem to find a way round the issue.

I have previously installed the StoreMI program but never created a tier if this is relevant. All MSI other drivers have been updated.

Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: hedge_hedge

GameFan

Reputable
Jul 17, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have finally sorted it by amending the "device installation restrictions" in gpedit.

The process is as follows...Start > Run, type in gpedit.msc and press OK. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative templates > System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restrictions.

In here are loads of different settings which apply to installation of new devices, make sure they are all set to "not configured" apart from the very first one which says "Allow administrators to override restrictions".

All my HDDs have reappeared.

Thanks.

Reactions: hedge_hedge
Aug 18, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have finally sorted it by amending the "device installation restrictions" in gpedit.

The process is as follows...Start > Run, type in gpedit.msc and press OK. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative templates > System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restrictions.

In here are loads of different settings which apply to installation of new devices, make sure they are all set to "not configured" apart from the very first one which says "Allow administrators to override restrictions".

All my HDDs have reappeared.

Thanks.
I created an account just to say thank you and upvote! I had the exact same issue (ASUS mobo but also x570, from bios 1407 to 2607 for anyone curious). Enabling that first option then going into Device Manager and updating those drivers solved my issue.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your solution!

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.