Question Serious BSOD issue! (Attached Minidump Logs)

asaulmans

Prominent
Jul 22, 2019
Hi,

I really would appreciate some help.
I have a two year old custom gaming pc from Cyberpower that I use for heavy motion graphics

Here are the specs-
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7-7700K Quad-Core
32GB DDR4 RAM
240GB SSD + 3TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB GDDR5X)

In the past 3 months I’ve been getting progressively worse BSODs (most often System Service Exception, APC Index mismatch, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap, Page Fault in Nonpaged Area). At some point, BSODs were happening even when just trying to watch Netflix.

Here's what I've done so far
  1. Clean install of Windows with version update
  2. Updated all drivers with DriverEasy
  3. Intel's native CPU diagnostic test
  4. Memtest
  5. HDD scan and SeaTools scan for Hard Drives
  6. Malwarebytes
  7. Unigine Superposition benchmark test for GPU
Everything passed except for the GPU benchmark, but I wanted to make sure so I took it to a repair shop. They said it was actually a PSU issue, as it wasn't supplying enough power. They upgrade the PSU and add better cooling.
I bring then bring it home and I’m still getting BSODs
I then got a used GTX 1080 from Amazon to test install and tried running the benchmark and it still failed.

I’m at a loss at the moment. Could someone point me in the right direction? Could the pins connection the GPU to the motherboard be faulty? Does that ever happen?

Here's a link to the minidump logs I got earlier today

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fhldsfmhl4znqwu/AAA7xKYUP7PTGc6XAld5qmO5a?dl=0

Colif

Win 11 Master
Updated all drivers with DriverEasy
wish you hadn't used 3rd party driver updaters, they can make it worse.

I will get someone to convert dump files for me.All the errors look like driver errors to me.

Have you tried different versions of Nvidia drivers as the latest aren't always the best.

what PSU have you got now? What model cyberpower (though hopefully dump will tell us what motherboard you have)

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger. I got multiple symbols errors so I'm not sure how useful this will be. The results: https://pste.eu/p/qKsU.html
File information:072219-7406-01.dmp (Jul 22 2019 - 13:31:31)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:072219-6828-01.dmp (Jul 22 2019 - 13:33:53)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:072219-6562-01.dmp (Jul 22 2019 - 13:27:42)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:072219-6218-01.dmp (Jul 22 2019 - 13:30:18)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

File information:072219-6125-01.dmp (Jul 22 2019 - 13:32:27)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z270-A-PRO.html
There is a BIOS update available for your system (version 1.6). You are using version 1.3. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

asaulmans

Prominent
Jul 22, 2019
Thank you all for replying!

@Colif Here's the link to the PC that I bought. Actually not sure what PSU it was before, but I'm assuming it was in the 600W range. The one I have now is Corsair HX 850i
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...erpc_slc8600bh_gamer_supreme_liquid_cool.html

Currently trying to clean install Windows again from USB. So advice for the future would be to just update drivers one by one in the device manager? Is there a better way to do this?

I will also try and install previous versions of NVIDIA driver. If that also doesn't work, then could I proceed to update BIOS? I'm guessing that should be a last straw kind of situation?

Drivers are typically in .exe format, so you can just download them and run the .exe like you would do installing any other program. Make sure that the drivers you download are only from the original manufacturer's website - using driver download websites is just as bad as using driver downloaders.